Thursday, 29 November 2018

Books From The Backlog-Dreg City


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


They’ll never see her coming. . . .

When Evangeline Stone wakes up naked and bruised on a cold slab at the morgue—in a stranger’s body, with no memory of who she is and how she got there—her troubles are only just beginning. Before that night she and the two other members of her Triad were the city’s star bounty hunters, mercilessly cleansing the city of the murderous creatures living in the shadows, from vampires to shape-shifters to trolls. Then something terrible happened that not only cost all three of them their lives but also convinced the city’s other Hunters that Evy was a traitor—and she can’t even remember what it was.

Now she’s a fugitive, piecing together her memory, trying to deal some serious justice—and discovering that she has only three days to solve her own murder before the reincarnation spell wears off. Because in three days Evy will die again—but this time there’s no second chance. . . .


I loved this book when I read it back in 2010 and I loved the characters, the varied creatures and the plot. I never got round to reading the rest of the books but I'll be reading the complete series next year and look fiorward to it!

18 comments:

  1. This is a series I want to read, too. I've got this book, but haven't started. Hope you make it through your series binge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few UF series to catch up on next year! This will be one of my priorities!

      Delete
  2. Adding this series to my list! It sounds to good to pass up. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the first book but don't remember that much about it now!

      Delete
  3. I liked this one too and should continue on. I have a hard time sometimes with urban fantasy but this one worked for me,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much of the UF out there is mislabelled and is really paranormal romance and I end up DNFing them!

      Delete
  4. This sounds really good. I finally read a book by this author earlier this year, Stray Magic, and LOVED it so I am adding this one to my wishlist as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got Stray Magic on my bookshelf upstairs but I really need to read this series first!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a good one. Hope you enjoy the rest of them.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting back to long neglected series. I usually put them off because I need to read the first book sgain to jog my menory. 📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I've been putting off reading them too! I have plans to attack trilogies and seris 8 books and under to get them off the tbr next year!

      Delete
    2. Sorry I can't follow you back but I won't join things like DISQUS therefore I can't comment back. Sorry!

      Delete
  7. It sounds like it would be a great series, the synopsis is very interesting. Hopefully you get the series complete in the upcoming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly need to finish this and a few others next year...

      Delete
  8. Kelly Meding! She is an urban fantasy author I enjoyed immensely, but I think I might need to go back to her -- this series doesn't sound familiar at all. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to getting back to Dreg City!

      Delete