Wednesday, 14 November 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday-Jane Seymour


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet. 

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. 


THE WOMAN HAUNTED BY THE FATE OF HER PREDECESSOR.

Eleven days after the death of Anne Boleyn, Jane is dressing for her wedding to the King.

She has witnessed at first hand how courtly play can quickly turn to danger and knows she must bear a son . . . or face ruin.

This new queen must therefore step out from the shadows cast by Katherine and Anne - in doing so, can she expose a gentler side to the brutal King?


I've been waiting for this for ages but the paperback version finally comes out at the start of January 2019. Having loved the Anne Boleyn novel, I can't wait to grab this one!

26 comments:

  1. I have wanted to try Weir's books for a while. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read most of her Tudor novels including the first in the series about the first of the wives but the Anne Boleyn one was really good!

      Delete
  2. I love historical fiction about the Tudors! This looks really good, I can see why you've been waiting on pins and needles for it. I hope you enjoy!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Anne of Cleves one is coming out in hardback now-I hate waiting a whole year for the paperbacks!

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy this when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this one. I hope you get it and enjoy the heck out of it.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will! We don't get many books about Jane so I'm excited!

      Delete
  5. Bet I know how you're starting the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon a few Tudory things might be coming round about then!

      Delete
  6. omg of these days I'm going to be reading Tudor because I've seen it here so much it is contagious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many Tudor books to read! I hope to get to a decent amount of them next year!

      Delete
  7. Oh this looks good and I'm fascinated by the Tudors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was reading a lot of historical fiction last year and have kind of fell off them this year. Should try and get back into them. THis looks like a great read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've neglected this genre for a few years so I do need to get more read!

      Delete
  9. I've been anxiously awaiting this one, too. I love the other Weir books I've read. (Not that I've read that many.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same-I have quite a few of her novels waiting for me...the Anne Boleyn one in this series was excellent!

      Delete
  10. I've been wanting to read Alison Weir for a while, I've heard she has a very addictive writing style, and I love history like this. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my Tudor books! I love the scandal and intrigue, the murder and betrayal!

      Delete
  11. I've not read any Alison Weir yet but have heard great things about her writing and I love the Tudor period :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to read more Tudor books next year! I have a LOT to get through and they have been sidelined a bit in favour of horror. Next year I hope my reading will include all my favourite genres!

      Delete
  12. Hope you enjoy it and have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  13. As much as you love GOT I can see how this author would appeal to you:) I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started reading Tudor fiction back when the TV series first started! For some reason I don't mind the romance element in these books-maybe because most were at least based on true events. I need to get more of this and non fiction read next year along with more apocalypse, SF and fantasy in amongst the horror!

      Delete