For the first time ever, Chuckles Book Cave is going to be joining in with Scifi month hosted by https://onemore.org/ and https://deargeekplace.com/ , which runs the whole month of November. There will be blog posts, Twitter posts and even a giveaway and I'm pretty excited at taking part this year and reading some SF books and watching SF films hopefully.
Here are most of the unread SF books I have on my shelf and I hope to get to as many as I can. No specific target in mind, just reading fun! A few are rereads so I can refresh my memory as to what happened but most are new to me.
1) Martha Wells-Exit Strategy
2) Amie Kaufman-Illuminae
3) Anne McCaffrey-Dinosaur Planet
4) Anne McCaffrey-The Survivors
5) Christopher Brookmeyer-Bedlam
7) Jeff VanderMeer-Annihilation
8) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Shock
9) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Threat
10) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Lost
11) Joelle Charbonneau-The Testing
12) Joelle Charbonneau-Independent Study
13) Joelle Charbonneau-Graduation Day
14) Becky Chambers-The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet
15) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Hell Divers
16) Jules Verne-Journey to the Center of the Earth
17) Andy Weir-The Martian
18) PK Hawkins-Recon Marines
19) Richard Herley-The Penal Colony
20) Kenneth C Johnson-V
21) Mur Lafferty-Six Wakes
22) Marie Lu-Warcross

Good luck! I hope you love all of these books.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I have high hopes for a few of them!
DeleteI'm really curious about the Briggs series and I've heard good things. I'm also interested to hear what you think of Warcross. I've heard mixed things on that series and want to know what you think before I pick it up.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed Future Shock when I read it and I'm not a huge fan of time travel and YA. I'm looking forward to reading the whole trilogy this month! I've heard mixed things about Warcross too but it seems like the ideal month to try it!
DeleteYay, excited to be doing this event with you! Looking forward to all your SF coverage :D
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
I'm looking forward to it Mogsy! It might kick start me into using Twitter a bit more as well-I just keep forgeting!
DeleteI've only read two of the books on your list, but A Long Way to a Small Angry Planet is on my tbr list. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteHopefully I can get back into my reading this month now that I'm resting up after all the work! If I can get over half of these read I'll be pretty happy!
DeleteI want to read Warcross as well! Is there any specif order you'll be reading these books in?
ReplyDeleteElle Inked @ Keep on Reading
Random order really, just whatever I feel like at the time. I'm reading Bedlam first then I think Exit Strategy as I love Murderbot. I think the two Dinosaur planey books will be after that but it could all change!
DeleteHappy SciFi Month! I just finished Exit strategy, and I need to read Dinosaur Planet! Also, Six Wakes was fun. Enjoy your reads!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to reading some stuff in one of my lesser read genres for a change!
DeleteWarcross is on my TBR too! Hopefully we'll both enjoy it :)
ReplyDeleteI'm certainly curious about it! I read a lot of that kind of plot in adult but not so much in YA. Fingers crossed we'll like it!
DeleteI'm looking forward to what you think of Annihilation if you have a chance to get to it. I watched and enjoyed the movie, and have been wondering about the book too.
ReplyDeleteI'm worried about reviews that say it is weird! I so much don't like weird books! I do want to see the film as well but kind of want to read the book first!
DeleteWelcome aboard! It's lovely to have you flying with us this year and I'm very much liking the look of your TBR - it's a great mix of things I loved, things on my TBR and things I don't know (which are always really exciting to hear about). I look forward to hearing your thoughts across the month.
ReplyDeleteThanks for having me! It's great to take part in a challenge without a ton of rules for what you can and can't read! I'm hoping to get ideas for new series to try by checking out as many blogs as I can this month!
DeleteI have only read Martian and Six Wakes from your list and they both were great. I am participating this month too. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteI hope to fit a good amount of these books in this month. The others I don't get to I'll maybe do next month!
DeleteHallo, Hallo fellow sci fi enthusiast,
ReplyDeleteI love finding other bloggers who participate in the event who have this massive TBR they want to tackle as those are readers after my own readerly heart! I have a similar stack I'm trying to plough through myself this year - though I am hoping to really get into it as I want to clean the slate for 2019.
The books we share a curiosity over are:
* Illuminae
* #smallangryplanet
* The Maritan
* Jules Verne
* Warcross
I'd be keen to know your thoughts on Small Angry Planet - I posted my first reactions to our chapter breaks in the RAL overnight if you want to drop by. Also, if you can join us for the chat we'd be thankful to have your opinions.
Here's to having a wicked good #RRSciFiMonth!
I'm not doing the readalong thing for Becky Chambers, sorry! When I read a book I have to read until it's done in a couple of days-I couldn't stretch it out over a month I'm afraid! I will be checking out everyone's reviews at the end of the month though, so that should be fun! I've had a week of no reading so I need to get on with a few of these! I plan to read all of these even if it means SciFi Month continues into December for me!
Delete