Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish
in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of
2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to
bring bookish friends together. http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
I take part in a feature every week that looks at backlist books so I'm not doing a topic on it. Instead it is time forbooks I plan to read in November!As it is Scifi Month at The Book Cave, these are the books I hope to get to!
1) Ernest Cline-Armada
Having read and loved Ready Player One I feel the need to read this one!
2) Amie Kaufman-Illuminae
I'm worried about the different format as I don't generally like that kind of thing but I've been told the plot is really good so I'll give it a go.
3) Jeff Vandermerr-Annihilation
Comments about the book being weird are a bit offputting but I want to see the film so I need to read the book first and see how I go!
4) Becky Chambers-The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet
This gets such a great write up and I'm curious about the different crew members so this is a must read!
5) Joelle Charbonneau-The Testing series
I loved the first book and can't wait to see how the rest of the series goes!
6) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Shock series
Again I loved the first book in the series and look forward to the entire trilogy!
7) Martha Wells-Exit Strategy
The last of the Murderbot Diaries and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. Can't wait for the new novel in 2020!
8) Richard Herley-The Penal Colony
This is a reread so I can finally write a decent review. I don't remember much about it!
9) Marie Lu-Warcross
I'm curious about this one. I don't read much YA these days but the plot enticed me!
10) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Hell Divers
I've been meaning to read this for two years after loving his zombie variant series so this is one I do want to get to this month!
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
I take part in a feature every week that looks at backlist books so I'm not doing a topic on it. Instead it is time forbooks I plan to read in November!As it is Scifi Month at The Book Cave, these are the books I hope to get to!
1) Ernest Cline-Armada
Having read and loved Ready Player One I feel the need to read this one!
2) Amie Kaufman-Illuminae
I'm worried about the different format as I don't generally like that kind of thing but I've been told the plot is really good so I'll give it a go.
3) Jeff Vandermerr-Annihilation
Comments about the book being weird are a bit offputting but I want to see the film so I need to read the book first and see how I go!
4) Becky Chambers-The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet
This gets such a great write up and I'm curious about the different crew members so this is a must read!
5) Joelle Charbonneau-The Testing series
I loved the first book and can't wait to see how the rest of the series goes!
6) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Shock series
Again I loved the first book in the series and look forward to the entire trilogy!
7) Martha Wells-Exit Strategy
The last of the Murderbot Diaries and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. Can't wait for the new novel in 2020!
8) Richard Herley-The Penal Colony
This is a reread so I can finally write a decent review. I don't remember much about it!
9) Marie Lu-Warcross
I'm curious about this one. I don't read much YA these days but the plot enticed me!
10) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Hell Divers
I've been meaning to read this for two years after loving his zombie variant series so this is one I do want to get to this month!

I am such a big fan of Marie Lu. I have never been disappointed by any of her books. And, The Illuminae Files is one of my favorite series. I hope you get to some of these books.
ReplyDeleteI hope I like a few of them!
DeleteI did the same topic because I pretty much only read backlist books. I hope you like Illuminae! It’s fun and really quick to read.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I'm actually glad that Illuminae is quick to read as it does look a little intimidating!
DeleteI hope you like Annihilation. The movie was really pretty - which I am sure is not what they were going for. I'm afraid I'd find the book very confusing.
ReplyDeleteOh dear, that's what worries me! I'm not sure which to tackle first!
DeleteGood luck with SciFi month, Chuckles! I'm not a bit SciFi reader but so many blogs are participating I'm sure that one or two of their featured books will make it onto my wishlist! :)
ReplyDeleteI love Scifi films and TV series so it's weird that I don't read much SF in book form! Hopefully I'll get a few done this month!
DeleteIlluminae is on my TBR as is Armada. I listened to Ready Player One last year and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Warcross has been on my radar since it came out too. It's very different from my usual reads but it sounds intriguing.
ReplyDeleteI loved Ready Player One when I read it-so much need to see the film! I'd like to get to Armada but I'm not sure which of these I'll have time for. I might continue on into next month to get them all done!
DeleteExit Strategy is pretty good, and I read Annihilation and did think it was weird haha! But I'm glad I read it so I can watch the movie. :)
ReplyDeleteIlluminae is different but good, but I liked Gemina a LOT more. There are some things about illuminae that irritated me, but the format is kind of fun since it's like you're reading security transcripts and stuff- kinda neat.
Urk, there's that word 'weird' again! I'm not a great fan of that format for a book but I'll give it a try!
DeleteI have read a couple of the books on your list. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Illuminae and Exit Strategy was great. I have some of the other books you mentioned on my tbr list.
ReplyDeleteIt'll be a good month once I get started on the reading again!
DeleteWoohoo, looks like you'll have a great month of sci-fi! Armada is a lot of fun, and I loved Illuminae and A Long Way to A Small Angry Planet! Plus, yay, Murderbot!
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
I hope I like at least some of them Mogsy! I'm sure I'll love Murderbot again...!
DeleteThe premise for the Becky Chambers book sounds hilarious! I hope you enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI like the sound of the characters!
DeleteI see some new names I will be checking out. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
Hope you find something interesting!
Delete