Thursday, 1 November 2018

Books From The Backlog-The Penal Colony


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


The British government now runs island prisons for the worst offenders from its mainland jails. New arrivals are dumped by helicopter and must learn to survive as best they can. To Sert, one afternoon in July, is brought Anthony John Routledge, sentenced for a sex-murder he did not commit. Routledge knows he is he is here for ever. And he knows he must quickly forget the rules of civilized life.

This book was the inspiration for the Ray Liotta film 'No Escape' but there isn't much similar about them from what I remember! I was disappointed that they were so different when I first read it but that was back in the 90's. I still have it and plan to read the book again and ana;lyse and review it in it's own right!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard or this one and don't remember the movie either. It always amazed me how much they seem to change in some movies. I hope you enjoy this one when you do your re-read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the film, found the book different and was disappointed. I think a reread now that I know it is totally different would help! I'll be using this for scifi month!

      Delete
  2. I see why it can be disappointing. I feel the same way. Sometimes what's in a book won't transfer to the screen.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll like the book second time round now that I know what to expect!

      Delete