Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Wishlist Wednesday #5

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves. Hosted by http://www.pentopaperblog.com/

I've been reading Tudor books recently to try and clear a few from my shelf which have been sitting there for years! So it seems fitting that I choose a Tudor book for my wishlist pick. I only found out about this book a few days ago and I WANT it! Anne is a character who has appeared in a few books to cause trouble so for her to star in her own book...YEA! 


May, 1536. The Queen is dead. Long live the Queen.

When Anne Boleyn falls to the executioner's axe on a cold spring morning, yet another Anne vows she will survive in the snakepit court of Henry VIII. But at what cost?

Lady Anne Seymour knows her family hangs by a thread. If her sister-in-law Jane Seymour cannot give the King a son, she will be executed or set aside, and her family with her. Anne throws herself into the deadly and intoxicating intrigue of the Tudor court, determined at any price to see the new queen's marriage a success and the Seymour family elevated to supreme power. But Anne's machinations will earn her a reputation as a viper, and she must decide if her family's rise is worth the loss of her own soul . . .

16 comments:

  1. I enjoy Tudor books, too! And this one definitely sounds good, Chuckles :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it! I do like a good Tudor book!

      Delete
  2. Nice pick - and cool theme, going with the Tudor tales. So much real-life drama and intrigue there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you look at all the real life drama of the Tudor Kings and Queens, it's more exciting than any fiction book! It's so barmy that you couldn't make it up...that's why I love these books!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous cover, and I think the story also sounds fantastic. I love this period in history. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Tudor period. I never get tired of reading about Henry VIII, his wives and his children. This book excites me as I haven't seen Anne get her own book and she is such a bitch of a character!

      Delete
  4. New follower on bloglovin! I love your blog. And I hope you get this book because I'd love to read some reviews on it. Anne was such a wicked, wicked woman but I can't help but be intrigued by her lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne! Thank you so much for your kind words and for following my blog! It's always nice to meet new people. I'm following you back on bloglovin and I've added you to my Google Plus circles.

      I think Anne, along with Jane Rochford aka Boleyn were two of the most intriguing and nasty women in Tudor times and I LOVE reading about them! I broke my restraint and ordered this book from Amazon!

      Delete
  5. Lovely cover. Hope you enjoy the rest of the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see what this book is like when it arrives from Amazon today! I've never tried this author before so it's pretty exciting...

      Delete
  6. That cover is super sparkly and awesome. XD I used to read a lot of Tudor books for school but not so much now? I don't know why! I barely ever read historical fiction *sigh*
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason the Tudor period just appeals to me though I don't read much historical fiction. I think mad Henry and his wives and kids are just so entertaining!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I can't help loving the backstabbing intrigue of the Tudors!

      Delete
  8. This book sounds fantastic! I love the Tudor period, it's one of my favourite periods for historical fiction novels. Boy, they really did write a good synopsis for this one! Really good cover and title too. I want it! Probably be a few weeks until I can fit it in though :( I may be able to squeeze it in if it's a stand alone novel though *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't restrain myself and bought it this week! The cover is gorgeous and I'm soooo keen to read this! I love The Tudors!

      Delete