Saturday, 25 April 2015

Stacking the Shelves #81


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
 
Welcome to another week on my blog! We took advantage of the weather and went on another day trip somewhere new. We made the journey up the famous Rest and Be Thankful road, stopping off around Loch Fyne and going to the town of Inveraray. There was seriously beautiful scenery on this trip, the sun was out and it was pretty warm! Managed to grab a very tasty bacon roll from a burger van as we sat at the car park on Rest and Be Thankful. Nice! My little monkey Pedro, with his new T-Shirt, also enjoyed the day!
 
The first photo is from the car park at Rest and Be Thankful, looking down the valley. The photo doesn't really do the view justice.
 
 
This is the gorgeous Inveraray Castle! 
 
 
A view across Loch Fyne
 
 
The famous tourist attraction of Inveraray Jail!
 
 
Inveraray and Loch Fyne
 
 
Rest and Be Thankful Road
 
 
So now on to the book side of things! I was pretty excited to get my hands on an ARC of 'The Sower Comes', book three in the Solas Beir trilogy which is out in July. Thanks for sending me a review copy Melissa! Guys, if you want a good fantasy series, give Solas Beir a try. I am not a fantasy fan but I really enjoyed it! Book three was really great and an excellent finish to the series!
 
READ AND REVIEW:
 
 
 
I've been reading a few Tudor books over the last few weeks which got me in the mood to go hunting Amazon for new Tudor authors to try. Yes, I do admit I am bad and have no restraint but I just DON'T CARE! I LOVE buying books and I'm going to do it, so there! Ahem. Yes restraint has gone out of the window and I'm binge buying...I think I might have to save some of my purchases for next week's post!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
OK, I grabbed another couple of Kelley Armstrong books-'Forsaken', which I have already read and enjoyed, and the graphic novel 'Bounty Hunt' which I'm really looking forward to! I also managed to snag a bit of Tudor paperback fun as well...
 
BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

30 comments:

  1. Those pictures are gorgeous! I've always wanted to visit a castle!! I hope you enjoy your books :)

    MY STS
    ~Karina @ Watcha Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided not to pay £10 to visit the castle but I took those photo of the castle through the fence for no cost at all...! Seriously it is one of the most beautiful castles that I've seen.

      Delete
  2. Nice haul of books, but I'm jealous about those photos. That looks like an amazing place to explore. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great having scenery like this only 90 minures drive from where you live. On a beautiful day these lochs are stunning to sit by and enjoy. I hope to explore a few more new ones this summer if we get the weather.

      Delete
  3. I do love Philippa Gregory. I hope you enjoy your new books! My haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need to read these two to get up to date with the Cousins war. I've still got the rest of the Wideacre trilogy to look at as well.

      Delete
  4. I'm a bookaholic too and get passionate about various types of books - enjoy your Tudor binge. Here is my haul for this week https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/04/25/stacking-the-shelves-april-25/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might need to pause the Tudoe binge and catch up with a few books from my ereader so I can get more than two books read next week! Funny how the Tudor books take me so much longer to read!

      Delete
  5. Oh some great pictures and many books for you, I really like a good historical books from time to time. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to grab so many that I hadn't heard of in the Tudor genre. Hopefully I'll like at least a few of them!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos and great haul!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, and nice of you to stop by to say hello!

      Delete
  7. Wow nice haul. I haven't heard of many of these books but I will definitely check them out. It looks like you had a great time on you trip and the picture are so amazing. Thanks for sharing and hope you have happy readings.

    My STS
    TopianGirl @TopianBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited by a few of these new-to-me Tudor authors that I just found out about this week. Pretty exciting! Of course I lost all restraint and had to buy!

      Delete
  8. WOW! That's quite a haul! Such beautiful pictures! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *evil snigger* I do love a book splurge! I love the buzz, I love looking at my shiny new books and I'm a weak and bad person!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos, living in Scotland I occasionally forget how beautiful our country is! Great haul of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's easy to look at other countries and forget we have such beauty on our own doorsteps! I hope to see more new places this summer, time and weather allowing!

      Delete
  10. I see that you have a lot of Tudor Historical fiction novels in your haul this week. I hope you love all your new books. They look amazing.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading Tudor books for the last two weeks got me on to Amazon to browse for new books I didn't know about and I really did well! Now I hope the books are good...

      Delete
  11. Great haul this week! I've wanted to check out Katherine Longshore's books for a while now because they sound pretty good. The castle is so gorgeous in that photo!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to restrain myself from grabbing all the Katherine Longshore books! I think it will be a matter of when I buy them, not if...! It is a beautiful castle! I've had postcards of it for years but this was the first time I've been there and it was lovely!

      Delete
  12. Why didn't I realize you lived in Scotland before. I've been there on vacation once and I just love how beautifull it is there. I don't think we visited this Loch when we were there or that city. Your pictrues are beautifull and make me long to go there once on vacation again.
    Great haul you got this week! I really want to get my hands on Forsaken and Bounty Hunt, but can't afford them. I hope you'll enjoy them and looking forward to your reviews! I haven't heard of any of your other books before. I hope you'll enjoy them! And have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the prices of these new Kelley Armstrong books are appalling. I'm lucky that I had a few Amazon gift vouchers to use up to let me get the price down to a normal paperback price. The books are so gorgeous and I think there are plenty more to come. Exciting for reading, bad for the bank balance!

      Inveraray is about 90 minutes north west of Glasgow on a lovely loch. It's worth a visit! I also recommend the boat trips on Loch lomond and Loch Katrine which are wonderful on a nice day!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful pictures and great haul. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got an amazing haul this week, Chuckles! I hope you'll enjoy all your new books.

    Your photos are gorgeous, that castle is really something. I need to make sure I will take a trip to Scotland soon :) Hopefully in summer, when it's a little warmer :)

    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased with this haul...lots of new authors to try! I hope you get the chance to visit Scotland at some point-if you do and have any questions about places to visit, just ask!

      Delete
  15. Wow, those photos are gorgeous! You got a great haul this week too, lots of awesome sounding books :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty good week overall...I had a good buzz going from that book buying!

      Delete