Saturday, 4 April 2015

Stacking the Shelves #78


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
 
The worst of the insomnia has passed thankfully but I've been a little slow to get back into my reading. I'd planned to do an Indie Author month to catch up with some specific series but with my reading feeling a bit fragile I've decided just to go with some mood reading for now and see what I feel like reading as I finish each book. I did of course, manage to pick up some nice books again this week-I've given up caring about the tbr number for now but I am on a paperback book buying ban for April. We'll see how long THAT lasts!
 
I saw a few books on blogs during the week that intrigued me so I begged, borrowed and so on to snag promises of lending things to me when I was ready to read it, plus a few bargain read downloads. I snagged a few that are outside my normal choices so that could be interesting. I picked up the first two Kristen Painter Crescent City books-I loved the covers and it doesn't sound as gothic as her other books so I had to grab them. I like AR Wise' zombie books so when 314 turned up free, I decided to grab it. Not sure exactly what kind of story I'm in for but we'll see. I was so intrigued by Nick Cutter's book 'The Troop' that I had to get a copy. The plot sounds exactly what I like in a book! On a blog I saw the gorgeous covers for Zoe Marriott's Name of the Blade series and was tempted into grabbing them. Wiseguy is one I had years back but never read but I'm in a gangster mood this week so I hunted down a copy!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 

38 comments:

  1. I keep wondering about reading Kristen Painter when I see those books in the library! I'll look out for your review...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure when exactly I'll get to it but hopefully it will be sometime soon, mood depending!

      Delete
  2. Nice haul this week! I hope you enjoy them all!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a nice mix of genres which is always exciting...

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed this Bickle series and I'm curious about the Painter's one. I want to try them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been hesitant to read the Bickle series because of the Amish setting which is not something I'm greatly interested in but I liked her urban fantasy.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these but I hope you enjoy them. I've been in this terrible book slump so I understand mood reading. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing worse than that pesky reading slump! It's taken me three days to read my latest book but I hope it has kickstarted me again. Now I just need to decide what to read next...

      Delete
  5. Painter's first book was fantastic, although I haven't continued with the series. The Troop was a fantastic read - can't wait to see your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely keen to get to both of these as soon as possible!

      Delete
  6. Nice haul! Those Kristen Painter books have caught my eye more than once. I'm close to giving in and ordering them. I'm glad your insomnia seems to be getting better. Have a great weekend! Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shows the importance of having great covers for your book doesn't it. I look at covers like that and wonder what it's about. I see vampires and I think 'hmmm, might give this a go.' I'm a cover slut!

      Delete
  7. Great haul! All of these look really interesting, I hope you enjoy all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty pleased with the haul this week-a nice mixture of genres helps when you are mood reading!

      Delete
  8. Kristen Painter has been blessed by the cover gods. You got some interesting looking books this week. I hope that you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those covers really are gorgeous! It just makes you want to grab the books and start reading...

      Delete
  9. Ooh, I actually know a book on your list this week! Zoe Marriott! I hope you enjoy your books :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* Every week I visit lots of blogs and people are mostly reading romance or modern fiction and I stare at the books blankly as I know nothing about them! It's great when I recognise something!

      Delete
  10. Good luck with the paperback buying ban! They're so hard to stick to, though. I usually fail spectacularly! Enjoy all your new reads, and have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already got my eye on a paperback on Amazon and May seems a LONG way away!

      Delete
  11. I've heard great things about The Troop mostly because I've heard great things. Stephen King's blurb made me excited!
    -Jon from Bookish Antics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured if it scared Stephen King, I need to read this book! I need to find a few more really good horrors!

      Delete
  12. The Troop sounds crazy good! I must read it!

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like just my kind of book and I'm so excited for this one!

      Delete
  13. Great haul! I've wanted to pick up the Hallowed Ones series for a while cuz it does sound pretty good! I'll definitely be looking forward to your reviews on it. :b
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get all my pending reviews up on the blog...some have been sitting here since I read them two years ago! Must get a bit more organised! Hopefully I'll get to these new books soon...

      Delete
  14. I own The Troop as well as The Deep. Haven't read them but Stephen King loves them so that's good enough for me. I have always wanted to read The Hallowed Ones so they'll have to let me know if you like it. Great mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I heard about The Troop I got excited! I love getting lost in a good horror! I read a couple of good ones in March so a few in April might be nice. I just can't decide what to read next!

      Delete
  15. I've heard interesting things about the Troop. Happy reading and Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is certainly plenty of hype about it and I just hope it lives up to it. I'm trusting Stephen King here...

      Delete
  16. Those Kristen Painter covers look really nice, although I have no idea were the series is about. The Night Itself is on my to-read list, but I haven't been able to grab a copy yet as last time I check it was on amazon only :(. The covers are so pretty and the story sounds realy good as well, I am looking forward to hear what you think of them! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some really nice covers on the haul this week-that is always a bonus! Have a great week too!

      Delete
  17. Oohh The Hollowed Ones! Those books are so good and I think she's working on a 3rd. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a bit unsure about whether I'll like the Amish setting but I can never resist the monsters...

      Delete
  18. I have an egalley of The Troop from a long time ago that I still need to read. The Hallowed Ones is on my list as well! Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Troop sounds like it is my type of book. I'm not quite as sure of The Hallowed Ones but Ill give it a try anyway!

      Delete
  19. Glad the insomnia is cutting back for you. Hope you have a great week in books and sleeping this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be doing better sleep wise if my neighbour would sto doing wallpaper scraping at 630am!!! Three days in a row and I'm getting grumpy!

      Delete