Saturday, 11 April 2015

Stacking the Shelves #79


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me! 

I didn't go as mad this week on the book side of things which makes a nice change though my declaration of an April book buy ban lasted one week before I broke and ordered a few things from Amazon which haven't arrived yet. OK I admit it, I'm weak! I picked up a pile of Morganville Vampires short stories online which I'll read in the spaces between the books when I finally start my series read during the summer. I'm posting just a few of them below. I have so much to get on with it's scary! I've not been reading as much as I'd like because I have been distracted at night by Masterchef UK and the Masters Golf but I hope to have a better time next week. 

DOWNLOADS:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11214980-first-day-of-the-rest-of-your-life 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15712195-grudge 
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15712186-dead-man-stalking


 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15701322-murdered-out
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13448800-myrnin-s-tale 
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15701321-anger-management


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15712199-lunch-date 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16066183-dark-rides 
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15712203-drama-queen-s-last-dance


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8140709-the-greyfriar
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20868529-the-rise-of-peter-troy
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18689920-titanic-with-zombies

FOLLOW ME:
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3426724-chucklesthescot
https://twitter.com/chucklesthescot
https://uk.pinterest.com/chucklesthescot/ 

30 comments:

  1. I'll be curious to see what you think of Vampire Empire - I've been wanting to read that for a while. I haven't seen Titanic With Zombies, but I do think it's funny that so many authors have hopped on that theme - I think this is the 3rd one I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deck Z was a decent Titanic read...I figured I'd give this freebie a try as well. I'm not sure about Vampire Empire...I don't like steampunk as a genre but I do like the sound of the story.

      Delete
  2. I sense a pretty dark theme here this week, Chuckles! And I could never even try to do a book-ban. That word just doesn't exist in my vocabulary!
    I hope you'll enjoy all your new books - the Morganville Vampires series is so much fun, I've still got the last book to read, but because I don't want it to end I haven't gotten to it yet ;)
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking that book bans are a waste of time too. This time I lasted a week...but they were hardback Kelley Armstrong novellas and I just couldn't let that go...I'm so looking forward to the Morganville Vampires especially with all these short stories to add in!

      Delete
  3. Great haul. I need to check out Myrnin's Tale. I love him.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to decide when I'm reading the whole Morganville Vampires series. My dad raves about it and I'm getting irritated that I can't discuss the books with him yet!

      Delete
  4. Titanic with Zombies has intrigued me. What a great title and cover!
    My haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I previously read Deck Z which was a decent Titanic zombie story so hopefully I'll like this one as well.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading the whole series but I need to plan out the correct reading order with all these short stories!

      Delete
  6. Book Ban, what is that. That's not in my vocabulary. I have tried and failed. Titanic with Zombies sounds really interesting and a little scary. Vampire Empire sounds different.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I have to give up on book bans as well-there is no fun in stopping yourself from buying!

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard of any of these but I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm so keen to get some vampire going here!

      Delete
  8. Nice big haul this week, I see! Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't put the rest of the Morganville Vampires books up there! That way I can pretend I didn't grab too many...

      Delete
  9. I love the Morganville Vampires series! I've read some of the short stories, but it was hard to find and collect them all. Rachel just announced that she's releasing them all in one volume this year, which is AWESOME. I might have to pick up Myrnin's Tale before then though...I love that crazy lunatic! Great haul. have a great weekend/week.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that would be great if Rachel would do that! It makes life so much easier for us fans! I love the anthologies that Kelley Armstrong is releasing-and long may those continue!

      Delete
  10. I need to try the Caine series, I hear so many great things about them! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Glass Houses but will need to reread it when I go to do the whole series!

      Delete
  11. Great haul this week! I tried out the Morganville Vampires series but I let it go because of how many books there were in the series. I hope you enjoy them all!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad loved the series and is on at me to get reading it so he can read it again! He loves grabbing my urban fantasy books.

      Delete
  12. Book bans = Bad in my book. They tend to make me buy more. I didn't realize there were so many Morganville short stories. The series is so long the way it is that I am amazed there is so much more to tell. The Titanic one has me intrigued as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah when you break a book ban it can be a spectacular splurge!

      Delete
  13. I didn't realize there were so many Morganville short stories, but then I stopped the series after the first 3 or 4 books. It wasn't a bad series, but I lost interest. The concept was original though. I like it when authors write short stories for their series as it often adds some depth and the short stories are nice additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's only about half of what I found for the Morganville Vampires-I didn't add in the ones with no cover picture. I can't wait to get my fangs into this series at last!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. I really hope I love the whole series!

      Delete
  15. Titanic with Zombies sound good! Feel like I've seen it before? Don't know. Great haul!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last month I bought another similar zombie book called Deck Z: Titanic. It was a decent read so I hope this one is too.

      Delete