Saturday, 28 February 2015

Stacking the Shelves #73


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
 
I've been really tired this week but I've still been able to read quite a bit, as well as seeing a couple of matches from the Cricket World Cup, some cross country skiing on Eurosport, some darts and a couple of old favourite films. Not a bad week!  I just need to get a few nights of decent sleep. Last night sleep was disrupted by dreams about a bombing and a zombie apocalypse. Hmmm I can't imagine WHY I had that kind of dream...can't be anything to do with all the zombie books I've picked up recently...

This week's haul covers more of those zombie books that I got in the splurge two weeks ago and didn't want to put them into one big megapost! I read the first book in the Deadlocked series and enjoyed it so I was pleased to get most of the set for a serious bargain price! I don't usually pick up serial novels but the price was right...I just need to get my hands on the final book! I have already given up on Starship Troopers-nothing like the film and full of longwinded sci-fi descriptions that I didn't get. I read Z Minus 1 last night and it is the worst zombie book I've ever read with the worst MC ever. I'm so glad I didn't pay for that crap! Zombie University was free earlier this week on Amazon so I grabbed it and got hold of the other two books in the Sophie Littlefield trilogy. I haven't read any of the series but I got book one as a gift last year so picking up the rest of the series was good.

The bought books are all ones that I was anxious to get. I love reading about the Deadliest Catch captains, I really enjoyed The Testing and had to buy the rest of the series, and who can ever resist a killer Sasquatch?

DOWNLOADS:




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13575187-deadlocked-4
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15724310-aftermath
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16136514-uprising



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17726278-legacies
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17214.Starship_Troopers
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23941832-z-minus-1 



 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24081558-zombie-university---the-complete-series
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10322436-rebirth
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12109352-horizon

BOUGHT:  


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17572136-giving-the-finger
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20104361-independent-study 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21372525-graduation-day 


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1055784.The_Shadowkiller
  
 

32 comments:

  1. Aw, shame you didn't like Starship Troopers -- not that I'm a big Heinlein fan, I've only read one of his books, but he is a classic SF author. Ah well, looks like you have plenty of other books to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of knew I wasn't going to like it when other readers said it was nothing like the film but I had to try it anyway. I was able to get it free so no harm done to the bank balance!

      Delete
  2. I've only heard about Rebirth I confess but I don't remember the reviews about it. The others are all new to me so I hope you'll enjoy them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the first in the series as a paperback gift so grabbing these two ebooks might persuade me to finally get the series read! I'm pretty pleased with my reading this year and I'm way ahead of schedule.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! March is going to be horror month so I'm planning some vampires and zombies!

      Delete
  4. I have to admit, I haven't read many zombie books! I hope you enjoy these though. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z Minus 1 was utter crud-I HATED it! It's not often that I DNF a short story but that was zombie crap!

      Delete
  5. Well, it sounds like you had a fun week...well, except for the whole Zombie Apocalypse thing, lol. At least you know why though! Nice haul! Have a great weekend! happy reading!

    Michelle @ MIchelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never survive the zombie apocalypse! I'm just a bit too useless!

      Delete
  6. Yeah, Starship Troppers is nothing like the film. I think both are good at what they do, but theyre' very different breeds of alien bug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never watched the sequel fils...I might give them a try and see what they're like. But the first one is certainly one of my favourite films in the genre.

      Delete
  7. Zombie University looks interesting. Might have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will still be free on Amazon for you to grab!

      Delete
  8. You seem to be on a zombie book mood! I've only read a few books with zombies in them as I am not a fan of zombies in general. They are gross and blegh. I hope you'll enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there just suddenly seemed to be a lot of free zombie books around and I thought 'I'll just have those'. Hopefully my planned horror month for March will clear some of that from the shelves...

      Delete
  9. I may have to check out the Deadlocked books, I love zombies :)

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly liked the first part when I read it over a year ago. I'm hoping the rest of the series is as good but I can't find the final part cheap yet. I'll probably hang off reading it until I get that.

      Delete
  10. Great haul! I have heard awesome things about The Testing series. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked The Testing! I REALLY want to see it being made into a film as I think it has real potential. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series now!

      Delete
  11. Ooh, so many zombies. XD I have not read nearly enough zombie books, although I find it's not a raging genre for YA so much? I really really loved The Girl With All the Gifts though. Totally was one of my TOP reads of last year. xD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's hard for authors to do anything different with zombies but having similar plots each time doesn't bother me if they are all well written. The book you recommended certainly has a different take on zombies and that might be worth investigating...Thanks!

      Delete
  12. It's funny how the books we read bleed into our dreams. Dreaming about zombies and bombings sound stressful, though! I hope you love your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty stressful dream! I haven't slept great all week so I'll blame all these zombie books...

      Delete
  13. lol - Yeah, sometimes what I read impacts my dreams. Including the zombies. I love it though. Hope you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one had a mad scientist who kept injecting me with the zombie virus and getting angry when I didn't turn! Weird things happen in my head even when I'm awake never mind zombie dreams...

      Delete
  14. You were still busy this week. lol. Great to hear. I feel like a slacker next to you these days. Glad you are doing well in books and all. :) Hope you enjoy your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making the most of the motivation while it lasts!

      Delete
  15. Yay for zombie books. I need to get on the zombie train again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get some good zombie fun this month!

      Delete
  16. Great haul of books! Glad to see I'm not the only one who can go totally over the top sometimes! I haven't read any decent zombie novels (or vampire, actually) in a while so going to check all of these out.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing is that I didn't spend much money on them...there are lots of free and bargain zombies on Amazon which is good!

      Delete