Monday, 9 February 2015

Reading with Chuckles #24



Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!


My good reading spell has continued with 9 completed books this week and only one was a short story, so I'm really happy with progress. Three biographies, one sports book, three horror, and two urban fantasy. I aim to get my tbr down to 550 books by the end of February so I have 14 to go to get there. Looking good so far! 

The first Gordon Ramsay book 'Humble Pie' was surprisingly good. 'Playing with Fire' was good but there was more emphasis on the business deals which weren't really my thing. It was still good to read though. I love watching Pawn Stars so grabbing License to Pawn was a no brainer for me and it was a really good read. I was given a review copy of Path of the Heretic, so I re-read The Beholder, which was the first book in the series before moving on to the new release. Then came the zombies and killer dogs!!!






2 comments:

  1. Hmm. Some new books here. Glad your reading continues to be a good run. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great when you hit a good reading spell like this!

      Delete