Saturday, 21 February 2015

Stacking the Shelves #72


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
 
It has been another week where I am feeling really tired and run down-not really ill but just not feeling right. It's prevented me from doing much blogging which is annoying but I do plan some blog hopping today to see your STS! Thankfully, it has not stopped me from getting some reading done. I'm still getting lots of things read and a few are being abandoned and traded. All good for reducing the dreaded tbr! I'm on track to get it down to 500 tbrs by the end of March so I'm pretty happy with things right now. I'm ploughing through a lot of Indie books at the moment looking to uncover the diamonds in the rough!
 
This week, my restraint went out the window and I grabbed a HUGE pile of books-overloaded by zombies in fact! They were books I've wanted to try for a while so I was pleased to get them as bargains-but there were a lot! I had to read much more this week to repair the damage to the tbr! So over the next couple of weeks I'll share that book haul with you! I've read book 1 of Slow Burn a while back and liked it so I was happy to pick up the next five in the series. I'd also read book 1 of Hive so I was pleased to get the rest of the trilogy. The Hunger series is totally new to me and I just found out about it this week! Exciting zombie times!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



36 comments:

  1. I like discovering some gems! I hope you continue to knock some books off the TBR! :-) Enjoy your new reads! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought all these books over the last 18 months and now I'm just working my way through them. I seem to like 1/5 at best but it gets them off the tbr one way or another which is the main thing!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Braaaiiinnnsss! *sniggers* I do like a scary zombie!

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping to knock off some more books this week. I hope you love all your new books. They look a little bit scary.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love of horror books and films started when I was 11 or 12 I think-now I just can't get enough of them!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy all your books! I love getting bargains, even when they add dozens of books to my TBR :D Good luck with hitting 500 books! My Kindle could do with a good clean out. I have so many stored away, and I never think of them again! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't realise how many books are hidden away on ereaders and computers until you start looking through them! Most of what I have left are physical books and I can finally see gaps on my bookshelves! Yea!

      Delete
  5. Great haul this week! Congrats on getting your TBR down even more, you're doing really well. I hope you enjoy all of your zombie reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working through my urban fantasy books-they've been sitting for up to two years on my shelves. Then I'm going to have a zombiefest!

      Delete
  6. Loving the zombie theme! I may have to check out a few of those myself, although I prefer a nice omnibus edition than a bunch of serialized titles.

    Here's how I Stacked the Shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I do prefer a full sized novel to get my teeth into. The Bobby Adair ones are mostly about 200 pages each, one of them listed as 300 which is ok. Usually I hate these short serial ones especially if they have about 10 or 12 parts. Hive only has 3 parts so I can forgive that!

      Delete
  7. I hope you'll enjoy all your new books! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Plenty more books to read and enjoy! (hopefully)

      Delete
  8. I haven't heard of these but happy reading. Thanks for stopping by!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of the Jason Brant series before this week so that was pretty exciting!

      Delete
  9. Great haul! I've not heard of any of these before but I hope that you really enjoy all of them! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the middle of a zombie phase right about now. As soon as I deal with some paperbacks that have been sitting around too long, I'm having a horror month and getting into these books!

      Delete
  10. The Jason Brant books look really interesting. Will keep watching to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that March will be my horror month. I'm trying to get through my urban fantasy books as I have someone to trade them to. She gets brand new books for the price of postage, which she sends me in Amazon vouchers so I can buy something else! Nice deal!

      Delete
  11. I like the Jason Brant covers! Another one I should throw at my sister... Hope you enjoy all these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Slow Burn keeps up the standard of book one, I think I'm going to enjoy it. Hive is very similar to Resident Evil. I loved the first film then it got too focused on what she was and I lost interest. I hope Hive doesn't go like that.

      Delete
  12. I'm curious about the last three but I don't really know for the others. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always had this zombie obsession-I cannot get enough of the books!

      Delete
  13. Those Hive books look good! I'll have to go check them out! Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very Resident Evil, those Hive books. I loved that first film...

      Delete
  14. I love reading indie authors/books. I didn't know that it was even its own category before I began my book blog, but now I can't get enough of them. I haven't heard of any of these books, and I don't read a lot of zombie books, but I do hope that you enjoy them!

    Tiffany @ Beneath the Jacket Reviews
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean-I pretty much started this blog so I could help promote Indie books as well as review the mainstream stuff that I like. I have a lot of Indie urban fantasy still to be read in my house! Thanks very much for stopping by-it's nice to see another Indie reader!

      Delete
  15. Rock on!!!, your books look awesome and action packed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, lots of running and hiding and screaming and brraaiinnss!

      Delete
  16. Zombie fun! I like zombies, but don't read nearly enough of them! I hope you enjoy all of these. :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for these particular zombies...!

      Delete
  17. Ooh ZOMBIESSS. I need to get these, thanks for sharing!
    -Jon from Bookish Antics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never grab too many zombie books! There will be more on this week's STS as well!

      Delete
  18. Those covers are really creepy, Chuckles! I hope you'll enjoy all these zombies :)

    Have a great rest of the week.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete