Monday, 2 February 2015

Reading with Chuckles #23



Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

I am now on to my winter readathon. This means I'm turning my attention to series that I've started and liked but never got round to finishing. So I hope to get through a LOT of books and catch up with a few favourites! 

Another good reading week! I read the next book in the Monster Haven series, which was really good. I totally LOVE that series! I then caught up with a couple of books related to my beloved football team St Mirren(great win on Friday boys!!!) as well as a nice horror novella, and two urban fantasy books. Nice! 






These books I'm about to mention were all abandoned this week, for a variety of reasons. The first four I thought were really poor, especially Soulbound. I don't think I've ever seen such a childish adult urban fantasy character in my life! The characters in Book of the Forsaken and Solstice were horrible and Midnight Crossroad was so boring and lifeless. I expected much more from Charlaine Harris. The other four I just didn't take too-too slow mostly.








4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your review of Header - Lee is always a lot of bloody, guilty fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought Header was one of the better ones of his that I've read.

      Delete
  2. Hmm. Interesting to hear about the books you abandoned. And I wish I could get through reading as many books as you do in a week. :) Hope you have a great week this week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read for 4-6 hours a day, all of them at night, but I am quite a fast reader if I get into a book. The whole day up until about 4pm is spent on the computer. I am usually too busy during the day to read, mixing blogging with housework!

      Delete