Monday, 23 February 2015

Reading with Chuckles #26


Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

The good reading times just keep on rolling! I hit my target of 550 books left on the tbr at the start of the week so that gives me a real chance of getting down to 500 books by the end of March. So the stats for the week are *drumroll* 8 books finished and a whopping 16 abandoned for various reasons! That makes up for all those zombie books that I downloaded...*ahem*

The first book of the week was the prequel to the Secret McQueen books. I plan to re-read book one before reading the rest of the series. The next five are from the Monument 14 series, two novels and three short stories, all of which I liked. The Harvesting was a surprisingly good dystopian read after reading so many mixed reviews and I rounded off the week with the funny Fat Vampire 2.

BOOKS READ:












ABANDONED:
This week I abandoned a right pile! Discount Armageddon was actually a decent read and it had the religious mice so I could maybe have finished it. It wasn't a bad read. Bel Ami was just too old fashioed for me. The others were abandoned due to:Viral Nation(the Ya cliche bullying plot and hard to connect with MC), Partials(slow plot and bland MCs), My Sister's Reaper(stupid bitch MCs), The Sentinel(bitch from hell MC), The Hunt(slow and boring), Sterling(slow and dull), Electric Storm(horrible side characters and bland MC, slow), Quarantine(horrible characters), Dweller on the Threshold(ok but didn't grab me), Five out of the dark(spoiled by the undercover school plot), Elemental Reality(sex obsessed MC with woofing habit and steriotype Aussie annoyed me), A demon bound(sex obsessed MC), Arcane Solutions(sex obsessed MC did my head in), Kissed by darkness(slow and bland). 




4 comments:

  1. Wow! You're a reading animal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in a good groove now! I'm just waiting for that pesky reading slump to kick in though!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow. You got through a lot of books, not counting the abandoned ones. Killer! lol. Keep on trucking on. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had another good night last night in getting through the book pile. At least if I don't like a book, the advantage is seeing it removed from the tbr! I call that a win-win...

      Delete