Monday, 23 February 2015

What's on Chuckle TV #15

Welcome to Chuckle TV!  Every week I will be talking about what I have been watching in the world of TV, be it sport, documentaries, TV series, films, soaps or interesting news items. I'll be talking about favourites from the past and all the great sounding stuff that I haven't watched yet. Believe me, there are a lot of popular series that I haven't had the chance to see! Let the Count and I be your guide in the world of entertainment! Comments are welcome on what I'm currently watching but no spoilers please or your comments will not be published!
So it has been a while since I wrote a TV update, mainly because I've been doing a ton of reading. Yes reading is good but there are so many things that I want to watch!!! I did manage to see a few films this week that I haven't watched in years so that was a good enough excuse for a blog post!

This was the first DVD that I bought my dad when we finally decided that the old VHS collection needed to be upgraded. I always really enjoyed the film which had the right mixture of humour, action, death and the sad bits when someone you liked died. It also helps when Michael Ironside is one of your favourite actors! For the girls, Casper Van Dien and Patrick Muldoon are hot and for the guys you have Denise Richards and Dina Meyer. Jake Busey is really funny and of couse there are the dumb TV segments put in which are entertaining. Love this film!

Hollow Man was a fun film for me as I am a huge fan of Kevin Bacon. Is is a slightly creepy concept in that you never know when he might be watching you. I love the scene(right) where Sebastian decides to scare the obnoxious kids in the car which is something that many of us would want to do! 

OK this film had a really good idea-reignite the dying sun to save humanity. It has a great cast-Chris Evans, Cillian Murphy, the vastly underrated Cliff Curtis, Mark Strong etc. So why does it not work? I thought the direction and script were pretty poor. I have found this with every film of Danny Boyle that I have watched-potential but not delivering. The Beach. Slumdog Millionaire. 127 Hours. 28 Days Later. All of these could have been great but were spoiled by the same flaws in spite of a good cast. Needless to say I will avoid Danny Boyle and Alex Garland forevermore...

2 comments:

  1. Starship Troopers is a cult classic - I have to watch that one at least once a year. It's been years since I've seen Hollow Man, but it's highly underrated. Definitely once of Bacon's better films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree. People always have it in for remakes or reworkings of a previously used story but Hollow Man is better than they gave it credit for. Kevin Bacon is always worth watching.

      Delete