Saturday, 7 February 2015

Stacking the Shelves #70


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

So the book juggernaut is rolling on! Since January 1st I have read 34 books so I'm well ahead of schedule in getting to my 200 book target. Some of them are of course, novellas but it reduces the tbr each time I read something, so I'm happy. My tbr stands at 584 and I plan to get down to 550 by the end of this month, which is a tough deadline, but as long as I get near it I'll be pretty happy. By March/April I want to hit 500, my lowest tbr total in 10 years! It's all pretty exciting but the main thing is I'm enjoying my reading and just picking up books at random when I feel like reading them. I'll be doing a Mount TBR update post later today I hope with more tips on reducing the pile! Hopefully it'll help give some of you a few ideas to try.
 
On the book side of things, I had my first review book of the year! This was book two in the series so I had to re-read book one The Beholder, just to refresh my memory, which certainly helped with all the twists. I picked up a new zombie series that sounds intriguing  and you know me, I can never resist a zombie!
 
FOR REVIEW:
 
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Nice haul, Chuckles! Hellfire looks great, and I hope you'll enjoy all of your new books :)
    Have a great weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks like a good series so fingers crossed...

      Delete
  2. Hellfire does look good! I hope you enjoy your new books. Well done on the TBR! Going well! Thanks for stopping by my blog, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the plot for hellifax in case there are spoilers but I love all the covers!

      Delete
  3. Hmm, those Keith Blackmore books look interesting - I need to check him out.

    Here's how I'm Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just stumbled across his books this week and thought 'ooh where have you bad boys been hiding?'...*grins*

      Delete
  4. Very impressed that you've already read 34 books this year! It's been a slow year for me so far, but I think I'm just choosing the wrong books. And yay for zombies! Enjoy!

    Here's My haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope these are good zombies...well not GOOD zombies as such but fun gory mental zombies!

      Delete
  5. They're all new to me this week I confess but I hope that you'll enjoy them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to start on the Mountain Man prequel this afternoon as it's a short book. It looks a bit like the start of the Walking Dead!

      Delete
  6. 34 books is amazing!! LOL, I'm such a slacker in comparison - I've only managed 9 this year! I really need to up my game, I'm already behind on my Goodreads challenge, and it's haunting me every time I log in! Hellfire looks really good, I hope you love it :D Have a great weekend!

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellifax is book 3 in this series. If I like the others hopefully I'll get to it quite quickly. I can never resist some zombies!

      I HATE that Goodreads thing that says I'm 'behind schedule'. How do they claim to know my schedule??? This is what has put me off doing these challenges every year-the snotty response if you don't read for a few days!

      Delete
  7. Fun haul! Hope you enjoy 'em. I'm amazed by how fast you're plowing through your TBR list, though I've been tearing a swathe through my library book backlog this weekend. You've inspired me, clearly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've become inspired by the fact that I can see I'm making progress and it's making me read more than I normally would. It's quite exciting!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I'm quite excited by my finds for this week!

      Delete