Saturday, 14 February 2015

Stacking the Shelves #71


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

Hello and welcome to a new week! Can you believe it's the middle of February already??? Time flies when you're having lots of booky fun! Yes I'm pleased to report that I haven't hit a reading slump yet and I'm still happy with progress. My aim was to get the tbr down to 550 books by the end of February and I'm only 2 books away from that target at the moment, which is exciting! My next target is to hit 500 tbrs left by the end of March. Fingers crossed I get close to it. We'll see how it goes!

This week has been a good reading week despite having a minor viral cold thing that has left me really tired. Thankfully, my books have all been tempting enough that I've been able to keep reading, though a bit slower than usual! I've picked up some vampires and zombies this week which is always exciting- I might need to split them over two STS to stop me buying more this week! I have a couple of books ordered that are coming from America so I'm not sure if they will make it to next STS or if they will come later. Exciting times though when you know those books are coming!
 
Lets look then at what I got this week. The Owl and the Japanese Circus is one that I've seen everywhere over the last few months and I'm curious enough to give it a go. It sounds a bit different anyway. I've read the first book in the series by John G Hartness and it was funny and action packed, so I took the chance to grab a few more in the series. Raising Hell is a novella in the world of Dracula so I thought I'd give that one a try and see if I like it. I plan to tackle it this week hopefully. And who can resists zombies on the Titanic?
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 
 

38 comments:

  1. Great haul, Chuckles! I want to read Owl and the Japanese Circus. I hope you'll enjoy all your new additions.
    Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexxie! I plan some big reading tonight!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Owl so I hope it will be the same for you. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mixed things about this book so I guess I'll find out when I read it! Fingers crossed...

      Delete
  3. Ooh. Interesting choices as always. I hope you enjoy all of your new books :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more zombies for next week! Braaaiiinnnsss!

      Delete
  4. Nice haul! I hope you'll enjoy all your new books.

    Have a great weekend!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really keen to get into this pile! I'm in a bit of a zombie mood this week so I'm trying to get a few of those read.

      Delete
  5. Great haul. Owl and the Japanese Circus was a fun read, and I've been meaning to read Deck Z for ages now.

    Here's how I Stacked the Shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many zombies...unless of course you're trying to outrun the buggers! Picked up a few more zombies who will feature on next week's STS!

      Delete
  6. I got Owl a few weeks ago. A Lot of my friends enjoyed that series. I hope you do as well.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I've been seeing it everywhere and thought 'why not?' It looks a bit different.

      Delete
  7. Nice mix of books this week! TIME IS FLYING AND I HATE IT! Congrats on getting your TBR down so much, that's really impressive. I don't want to know what my TBR really is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that-I was scared stiff of that ever expanding tbr! It's not easy to get it down especially if you have spent money on every book. If you have a ton of freebies it is much easier to decide to delete them!

      Delete
  8. I always want to recommend my sister look at the books you're getting -- I think she'd be a fan... I'm now worried I've said that before already. Gah.

    One thing I keep meaning to say is that I keep getting amused at your blog background -- I had that image as a Kindle skin for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured I needed a background that looked more like a cozy book cave! It took me ages to find this! I tried to use it as one big picture but it was too big for the blog so I settled for using the tile format instead.

      If your sister is on Goodreads, tell her to come and say hi! I have LOTS of good books on my shelves!

      Delete
  9. Awesome haul. I've not heard of any of these but I may have to check them out. I hope you enjoy them! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more zombies to upload next week...three different series!

      Delete
  10. I'm not familiar with any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them all! :)
    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: January Wrap Up + February TBR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul. Raising He'll looks really good. Check out my haul athttp://bookertsfarm.blogspot.com/. Good luck on your TBR goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Raising Hell is the next one on my reading list so I'll be reading that tonight! It's supposed to be 99 pages but cutting out title pages and stuff will probably take it to somewhere in the 80s. Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  12. I've been holding the galley copy of "Owl and the Japanese Circus" for a few months and keep meaning to read it. I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had mixed thoughts about it but I'll give it a go anyway!

      Delete
  13. Feb did come fast! These are new to me but look great. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  14. Raisin Hell looks so creepy and good. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it last night but got tired of the constant swearing line after libe. It was a serious f bomb attack and I can't be bothered with that. Pity as the story had potential.

      Delete
  15. Haven't heard of most of these, other than Deck Z which is one I have wanted to read for awhile. Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zombies on boats-always a scary sounding story! I've found quite a few zombie books this week which will be on my next STS!

      Delete
  16. I just posted a comment and I'm not sure if Blogger ate it or not. Anyway I'm excited for Deck Z and hope you enjoy it.
    -Jon from Bookish Antics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moderate every comment to weed out the offensive stuff so it can take a few hours to get to everyone-hope you weren't waiting too long! I'm looking forward to Titanic zombies, that's for sure!

      Delete
  17. Wow. You are rocking the books. :) It's unreal that we are half way through February already! Wow. Time just keeps moving by. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember being this happy about my reading for the last five years! I'm enjoying my reading again and it's great!

      Delete
  18. I've seen a lot of good things about Owl and the Japanese Circus! I hope you enjoy it, too. :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Owl and the Japanese Circus is one I am waiting on in the mail (should arrive any day now from the author).
    Raising Hell and Paint it Black also look good. The concept of Deck Z fills me with a mixture of curiosity and being highly disturbed at the same time so I am not sure I want to read it or not. I hope you enjoy all these! Happy Reading!
    Here’s my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been keen on reading these follow up in the John G Hartness series. It'll take a while to get to Paint it Black though!

      Delete