Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!  http://www.brokeandbookish.com/

This week is Top Ten Books on your Spring TBR. I think I can sort of manage this one. Bear in mind that my TBR refers to books I actually already own in physical or digital format so I already have these books. These are ten books I plan to get read this month/start of April.

1) Chris Fox-No such thing as werewolves
I love the covers for this series of books and a plague of werewolves rampaging all over the place does sound like my kind of thing so I really want to like this one! If I do I'll be grabbing the rest of the books in the series.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24929950-no-such-thing-as-werewolves 

2) Ray Garton-'Nids 
I love horror yet I don't remember trying anything by this author before so lets give this a go. I am arachnophobic in the worst way yet I love scaring myself with books about big mutant spiders! Just my kind of thing...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11471444-nids 

3) Dane Hatchell-Lost World of Patagonia 
I love dinosaurs so I'll read any horror type book they feature in. This one has deadly dinosaurs in a lost world to be explored but the team also have to deal with gem thieves who want to plunder. Not sure about the gem plot but I'll give it a try.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25526371-lost-world-of-patagonia 

4) Eric S Brown-Bigfoot War
I have been fascinated by these legends for years and I love Bigfoot books and films! I have the book and dvd of this one and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. Who doesn't love big hairy monsters...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19480060-bigfoot-war

5) Catt Dahman-Louisiana Saturday Night
A hurricane blows in sharks controlled by bad magic, killer snakes and something sinister in the food that the swamp family is serving up...ok I'm officially intrigued and it sound like a bit of b movie type fun.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18400945-louisiana-staurday-night 

6) Rick Chesler-Hotel Megalodon
A tropical island is about to open an exclusive underwater hotel but an uninvited guest in the form of a 60 foot shark decides to spoil the party for everyone. I love sharks, I loved Deep Blue Sea, and I look forward to trying this one.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24824318-hotel-megalodon  

7) SD Perry-Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy 
This book is based on the first Resident Evil video game, not the film. I've never played the games but I know the character of Jill from Resident Evil Apocalypse, and it has zombies so of course I'm going to read it!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13642250-resident-evil 

8) Robert Boren-Bug Out Texas 1 
I loved the original Bug Out series so I'm very much looking forward to reading this Texas spin-off series. To add to the excitement there will be another spin-off series later this year...EEK!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29907077-bug-out-texas-part-1 

9) David Nelson-Building Bridges 
This is book 4 in a prepper apocalypse series following a family through society breaking down, and trying to rebuild a new community in the aftermath. I've enjoyed this and look forward to reading books four and five.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24400574-building-bridges 

10) Keith RA DeCandido-Resident Evil Extinction 
I've read the first two novels based on the films by this author so I plan to get reading the next one pretty soon. Then I plan to catch up on the films as I've only seen the first two. 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/221280.Resident_Evil 

12 comments:

  1. Ok, so I just added Louisiana Saturday Night to my wishlist because one of the first things I saw on Goodreads when I looked at it was "voodoo." I love stuff related to voodoo. Hope I can handle the killer snakes. I also added No Such Things as Werewolves because...werewolves (duh). I love them so much more than vamps and haven't read enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds a bit wild doesn't it! Snakes and sharks and voodoo and a bit of cannibal perhaps? Yea! I think I need more werewolves in my life since WOTO finished...

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your books, love your blog design!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy, you're very kind! For me, being a technophobe, simple design is enough! *grins*

      Delete
  3. I hope you get a chance to read all these. The magic shark book sounds kinda awesome.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have them lined up ready to go when I finally plough through this zombie one I'm on. I hope to have time to read them all before the end of the month but half of them are over 300 pages so it's all about time!

      Delete
  4. Hotel Megalodon- love that! Ha ha watch out foolish people lol. Werewolves... yup. And Lost World of PAtagonia- dinosaurs plus PAtagonia? How could that not be a winner? Also Bigfoot War sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some interesting reading lies ahead I hope! I'm hoping to read 'Nids or Bigfoot War next but need to plough through this zombie book first. It just feels never ending!

      Delete
  5. #3 sounds like a bit of a weird mix! I'd stick with dinosaurs or gem thieves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd prefer just the dinosaur story and I hope this gems story doesn't take away from the main attractions in the book! Mind you, more people to get eaten I suppose...

      Delete
  6. Wow...I haven't heard of any of these books before. I hope you enjoy them and I will look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully reviews should become quicker after I read them, now that the huge backlog is reduced and everything I review (other than Retro Reviews) will be from this year. I'm getting there!

      Delete