Thursday, 30 March 2017

Guest Post: Welcome to Booker T!



WHY DOGS ARE BETTER THAN CATS



Hello everybody!  Nope, you don’t have the wrong blog.  Auntie Chuckles has graciously invited me to her blog today and said I could talk about ANYTHING I want.  Since I know both she and Mom like to read a lot, I’d thought I’d share with you why dogs are better than cats and then show you the books that prove it.  Please note no cats were harmed in the making of his post.

        When you go out in the car, dogs are more than happy to accompany you.  If cats go, you have to contain them somehow.  I mean really, have you ever seen a cat riding with its head hanging out the window and said to yourself “What a cute cat, hope it doesn’t jump out.”  Wait, maybe only Mom says the hope you don’t jump out part – and mainly to my brother Cassius.   Case in point, Jake from the Repo Man series.  Now Jake is not your most active dog, he is a Basset Hound of course, but he loves to ride places with Ruddy as he goes around solving mysteries and generally trying to keep himself out of trouble. Mom loves this adult mystery series and is anxiously awaiting the next one.






















     Dogs can help you meet new people and make new friends.  Come on guys, how many cities are trying to get extra funding to build “cat parks.”  Dog parks are great places for both dogs and their owners to meet new friends and dogs are even awesome wingmen.  Mom is reading this non-fiction book right now by a famous author who shares all of the things he’s learned from his first dog.  There is a whole chapter on how when he started walking his new girlfriend’s dog, he suddenly became a chick-magnet.  Now Dad wouldn’t do that to Mom but all you single people out there take note.  On the flip side of that though, there are plenty of non-pet people out there and if you happen to meet up with some, you should probably read “Step Dog” so you know how to handle it.






















        Dogs can help you stay physically active.  Have you seen our sad puppy eyes in action?  I’m able to convince Mom and Dad to walk me even when they think they can’t take a step more.  Plus, when it’s cold outside, they have to come up with creative ways to keep me entertained inside which usually boils down to a good game of keep-away.  Smooshie always keeps her mom Lily on the move in one of Mom’s favorite new series.  Whether she is wanting to go for walks in the snow or rain, having to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, or digging bones out of the walls of her Mom’s new home, there is definitely little rest for Lily.  Plus, she is my brother Cassius’ new “book girlfriend” so I think she deserves a mention.

1



















 
     Dogs will often tilt their heads with a cute look of amazement and listen to every word their owner says while cats tend to walk off and ignore their owners.  That’s probably why we much such great sidekicks in books.   Mom is rapidly collecting the books in something called “The Iron Druid Chronicles” which center around an ancient wizard in modern times and his best pal, Oberon.  Oberon is my kind of dog – he’s smart, he loves sausages and he has his own Twitter account (come on Mom, take a hint!) Auntie Chuckles assures us we’ll love this series and we are sure she is right.  And don’t even get me started on cozy mysteries.  Mom searches far and wide for cozy mysteries which feature dogs but there are cats EVERYWHERE in that genre!  Where is the love people??? I know Mom reads some with cats in them.  She thinks she’s hiding it from me but I see the blog posts and her “Don’t tell Booker T and Cassius” comments.  Here’s one of her favorite new discoveries which just happen to feature pups.

1       



















     Finally, the saying goes “Dogs are man’s best friend” and doesn’t mention cats for a reason.  Dogs are loyal and great companionship.  And not only do people rescue dogs (well, at least the good people), dogs rescue people.  It happens all the time in Lucy Dillon’s books.  There really are no such things as bad dogs, only bad owners.  Case in point, he-who-remains-unnamed (and I’m not talking Voldemort, I mean Michael Vick).  Mom can’t stand the guy and proudly displays this book in our home to show everyone how dogs sometimes get a bad rap.





















     
So there you have it -  some of my ideas on why dogs are much better than cats.  Now I feel it’s important to note that Mom reads a lot of different genres and horror is one of her favorite but Cujo gives me nightmares so I left it out.  You can find more of her reviews and thoughts over at Booker T’s Farm.  Maybe next time, Dad will help me with a guest post (I do have trouble typing without human assistance you know) and we can do one about how I’m prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse.  Many people don’t know it but my blog, Booker T’s Farm, is a nod to Hershel’s farm on The Walking Dead.
  
Thanks again Auntie Chuckles for letting me stop by.  I’m sending lots of doggy hugs and kisses your way.  And Cass says to tell you if you need to keep cats out of your garden this summer, he’ll grab a plane ticket and be on his way! I’m retired and focusing on my blogging full-time now.

Thank you for joining us Booker T...! There is no doubt in my mind that dogs beat cats any day and twice on Sundays! And I might just take your brother up on his offer. I think the local cats deserve The Cassius Treatment!

    Catch up with Booker T and his brother Cassius along with his mom over at: http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.co.uk




21 comments:

  1. Loved the post! I now have a paperback copy of the first repo man book to try and an ebook of Pit Perfect. When Booker T recommends them you just have to go and buy! I'm doing horror month next month with my own surviving the zombie apocalypse post so a similar post from Booker T would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Booker T had a blast and even thought I've done a few things for other blogs, you will always be Booker T's first guest post!

      Delete
  2. Heehee, words cannot express how much I am in love with this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, what a fun post! I have to admit I don't usually seek out books with pets, but it's always fun when there are awesome pets in books! And those dogs on the cover of the cozies are adorable :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't generally read these kinds of books but I have the first Repo man and Pit Perfect...I love the covers and I'm intrigued by Barb and Booker T's thoughts on them. I agree, cosy mysteries always have great covers!

      Delete
  4. Fun post! I have three cats but I had dogs growing up and I miss having one around. they're definitely more people friendly than cats who act like they own the place lol. And yeah I can't imagine a cat in the car- would probably get in an accident!

    I had no idea your blog name was related to Hershel's farm! How cool... their life as easier than wasn't it ha ha?

    Love basset hounds BTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dogs but have never had one. As a kid I was offered a beagle puppy but we couldn't take it as my dad was worried his lung issues might make him allergic to the fur. We couldn't risk getting it and having to hand it back. So I never got my Snoopy! I liked hearing about Barb's farm being connected to The Walking Dead too!

      Delete
  5. How much fun is this? I have a cat but I have 3 dogs so I definitely agree with him in that dogs are better :) Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs definitely rule! Cats are the bane of my existance, using our garden as a personal toilet. It drives me mad.

      Delete
  6. Such a fun post! My dog, Quigley, would agree with all of your points. LOL Now I'm going to go check on some of those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great name for a dog! I've always felt that dogs have more personality than cats. I am so not a cat person! I'm with Cassius on that...

      Delete
  7. Hi Booker T, glad to hear your mom is looking into the Iron Druid Chronicles! She's gonna love Oberon :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, she will! Everyone needs an Oberon in their life!

      Delete
  8. Wow, you're famous now, Booker T! Getting around the Internet is the first step to world domination:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't give him any ideas - haha.

      Delete
    2. Maybe you should get Booker T in as President!

      Delete
  9. Such a fun post and lots of great recommended reads! I agree dogs are better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm such a dog person and NOT at all a cat person. I couldn't agree more with all these reasons!!! YES dogs are the best friends ever and CATS ARE NOT :-) [sorry cats lovers]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you! I just can't be bothered with cats at all.

      Delete