Monday, 27 March 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #18


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

This week I'm looking at a series where the cover of the first book enticed me to pick it up off the shelf to check out the story-and then I bought it! THAT is what cover love is all about, seducing you into that next purchase! I plan to reread the first book to get a review written then read on to complete the trilogy. And did I mention that she has a talking ferret called Pan as her familiar?!! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6500152-spellbent



12 comments:

  1. These books look awesome and I need to find out more about Pan. I am sure I bought the first one years ago when I saw the cover as well. It's quite sad that I really am in the mood to read some urban fantasy but haven't made time for any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pan is wicked! I haven't had much luck with urban fantasy over the last year. The recent werewolf one was such a flop!

      Delete
  2. That last one is a bit on the racy side, leading me to think I'd probably mistake this series for erotica or paranormal romance instead of urban fantasy, but together I agree the covers are very eye-catching!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was wondering why they decided to have her naked! I like the colours on that cover-like a secret lagoon and the way you could interpret the area around her as either odd shaped trees or a monster's mouth. Cool!

      Delete
  3. These are spectacular. It's kind of like pulp fiction or those old movie posters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty nice set! I loved the first one as soon as I saw it!

      Delete
  4. Love these covers! I'm pretty sure these are Dan dos Santos covers, and he always makes amazing artwork. And haha, I didn't even notice the ferret on the first cover until you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute little guy! I wish I had a talking animal companion! I love this artwork...it certainly made me look at the blurb which then made me buy it.

      Delete
  5. shotgun Sorceress is badass and I love Switchblade Goddess too (is that an awesome title or what)? I don't know anything about these but now I have to find out. total cover love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing gets a reader excited like a great cover and interesting title!

      Delete
  6. the girls in these covers look 100% pure badassery ;-) ME LIKE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the reasons why I love urban fantasy-the great covers that you get!

      Delete