Saturday, 4 March 2017

Stacking the Shelves #171


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves-physical or virtual. You can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or similar third party I will not do so. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't follow you back, sorry! (see below why I say NO)

Authorize DISQUS to use your account?
Disqus is a service and tool for web comments and discussions.
This application will be able to:
*Read Tweets from your timeline.
*See who you follow, and follow new people.
*Update your profile.
*Post Tweets for you.


I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. I have no interest in joining them so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
Urgh another depressing week. Still going through this stupid withdrawal nonsense and feeling like a tank ran over me. I'm fed up being tired and unable to DO anything except sit around like a sloth! I haven't been able to cook a meal in two weeks, get any housework done or even go out anywhere. I feel like I'm in some contagious Ebola quarantine. It's really affecting my mood and I'm moaning about it constantly and driving my dad mad I think! My online activity has dipped due to lack of energy and concentration but I'm doing as much as I can and at least keeping up with answering comments and doing blog visits. Still, nothing to do but wait and hope it goes soon. On the plus side, my lack of appetite and alternative diet means I've lost over half a stone AND I can still eat white chocolate which I love as it has no caffeine!!! Par-tay...
 
The book side of things is much better! Switching to my Monster Month of March and reading some short zombie books has helped focus my reading and I'm back on track with only a blip. Yea! I'm well on track so far to get a pile of books read this month. My book cull removed about 40/50 ebooks on my tbr that based on reviews of others, I no longer want to read ie tropes I don't like. So that helped! I'm also trying to clear some space on my shelves in my bedroom but that will be an ongoing struggle! Too many books, not enough space so those I doubt I'll read again even if I once liked them, they need to find new homes. I feel like a mean landlord evicting helpless books! The books I ordered last week arrived and to cheer myself up I ordered more yesterday which will be next week's STS.
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
PAPERBACKS:
I loved the title of these apocalypse books 'Fortress Farm' and took a gambled splurge on just buying the series as book therapy for my woes! As you do...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
COLOURING BOOK:
 
 


34 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate illnesses that drag on like that. Feel better soon! But hurrah for books! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people continue with these darn symptoms for 6 months...that just depresses the hell out of me! Still, an excuse to buy books is something to like...

      Delete
  2. Whaaat?! A Buffy coloring book?! I need that in my life. That was my favorite show when I was younger. I still go back and rewatch it sometimes. lol! Hope you enjoy your new books, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the one by Fox as shown above. There is another one available but the drawings in it look terrible! I so want to start rewatching Buffy and things like The West Wing but I just don't have time! Maybe next year if I get the books under control this year...

      Delete
  3. Sorry you've had another bad week :( I hope things improve soon.
    Happy reading!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I don't have months of this to come...it's getting very depressing! At least the reading is good though...

      Delete
  4. Hi, Chuckles!

    I'm so sorry to hear you've not been feeling well; I hope you get back to feeling like yourself soon! It stinks when you WANT to get up and do stuff, but can't.

    You got some SUPER pretty covers--I'll be looking a few of these books up in the near future to see what they're all about! Also, YAY for zombie reads! I haven't read one in...quite a while now, I should fix that soon.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my StS earlier--much appreciated! Feel better soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate this fatigue. I can't stand up for more than 30 seconds without my legs getting ready to give way so I can't do anything or leave the house! If it wasn't for my books I'd have serious cabin fever! I'm taking a break from zombies today to hang out with swamp monsters...

      Delete
  5. I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks, but losing weight is awesome. I hope you love your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking the weight loss as a good sign. Not able to eat anything heavy just fruit juices, ice cream, custard, fruit, soup, stuff like that. If I could lose another full stone during this period I would consider it some kind of success! The other bright side is being back on track with the reading...

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear you're still going through the withdrawal symptoms :(. I hope things improve for you soon.

    I was considering getting exodus of Magic, it sounds interesting. And yay you got Magick Reborn! I read that last month, I had some issues with it but I did enjoy the story. I hope this will be a good week for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's driving me mad but not much I can do about it, just keep on truckin' as they say! Monsters of all kinds to keep me happy so I'm hoping for some good reads this week...

      Delete
  7. Yea for Lustlocked and Pit Perfect. I hope you love them both. I'm sorry you're still under the weather. I'm catching a cold here which sucks. Luckily it isn't full blown but I'm feeling really ran down and just want to sleep. Can't wait to see your new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to grab Pit Perfect. I don't read cozy stuff but I have to meet Smooshie! I did enjoy the first Matt Wallace so kind of had to check out the second one. I really hope you feel better soon Barb. Big hugs to the furry dudes.

      Delete
  8. Lustlocked, Expedition Everest look good and what is going on in Orbs? Might need to check that out too. :) Hope the reads are good and that you feel better! Sorry to hear you're still having withdrawal stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big SF person so I just bought the first in the Orbs trilogy to see if I like it. I hope to have space for it this month in amongst my monsters. The first Matt Wallace book was enjoyable so had to try Lustlocked. Hope it keeps up the same standard.

      Delete
  9. I hope you start feeling much better soon. I hate that you have been feeling so poorly.

    Great haul of books this week! I really need to read Matt Wallace. I bought one of his books but need to fit it into my reading schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, that's really nice of you! Ach I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself but not much to do but get through it. The reading helps and my changed eating habits help most of the symptoms so I'm in better shape than a week ago for sure! I liked the first Matt Wallace book so fingers crossed for this one.

      Delete
  10. That Buffy coloring book is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me want to watch my dvd box sets again! Anthony Head says he wants to be Doctor Who...THAT would be awesome!

      Delete
  11. Enjoy your new books! I really dig the Sin du Jour series, and ooh, I have the Orbs trilogy to read as well. I can't wait to try something by the author!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so unsure about Matt Wallace but I found Sin du Jour quite amusing and I'm looking forward to this one. I hope to fit in Orbs this month so I can decide on buying the rest of the trilogy.

      Delete
  12. Sorry you're still not feeling well, but I'm glad the book stuff is going better! And you've got quite a few UF books this week with pretty covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly like the UF covers! I'm glad that the reading is going well...today I'll finish my sixth book for the month plus a 16 page short story! Yea!

      Delete
  13. So sorry you're still dealing with your caffeine withdrawal, Chuckles! Hopefully, you'll feel better next week, and then, get your energy and motivation and good mood back as well!
    Your new books look good, I had to chuckle over Pit Perfect ;)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good mood might be harder to find! *giggles* I am grumpy at the best of times! Pit Perfect is such a cute cover and who can resist a pit bull called Smooshie!

      Delete
  14. As usual always a wide variety of books. Also love you got the Buffy coloring book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'll find time to colour it is another matter!

      Delete
  15. This coloring book craze has gone crazy. I say that despite absolutely having no choice in buying the Discworld one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to be a colouring book for everyone now. I have Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Buffy, Game of Thrones, zombies...!

      Delete
  16. Oh wow. That's terrible that you feel so down. I hope you feel better soon! Do take care of yourself.

    Simone Pond has a new book. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the look of a few of her books which are on my tbr. I hope they live up to expectations!

      Delete
  17. Against the Storm and Red Hawk Rising sound like a great post-apocalyptic/dystopian. that's my all-time fav genre. I'll be reading Wold Road next week. :) Enjoy your books. Looking forward to all the apocalyptic reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading the whole set of Fortress Farm books! I love stories about groups forming communities to defend themselves in the apocalypse! I so love this genre! I've read a lot of books this year in the genre and will be doing lots of book reviews over the next few weeks!

      Delete