Thursday, 23 March 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #17


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

This week I'm looking at another apocalypse series that I like the covers of. I think the covers give you the sense of various aspects of the apocalypse unfolding. Something about this kind of cover always attracts my attention!




*edited* This post was written before the terrorist attack in London on Wednesday. I have chosen to publish it today and hope that nobody is offended by this decision.

10 comments:

  1. I love these covers, especially Sanctuary and Blood Sweat and Tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sanctuary is a very striking cover...patriotic but the damaged flag hints at something not being quite right. I like five and six for those apocalypse looking scenes. I just like all the colours and drama on the covers.

      Delete
  2. I do like these covers. I think the writing on the cover is very appealing and I like that it is consistent for the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something about these kinds of covers that I love and they always catch my eye and make me want to read them.

      Delete
  3. I like most of these- especially The End, Sanctuary, and Blood sweat and Tears. What is it I wonder about abandoned highways and scenes like that that always get me on post- apoc covers lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a few series with similar covers and they appeal to me every time. They sort of fire up the imagination as to what an apocalypse would look like. I haven't started this series yet but I hope it's as good as it looks!

      Delete
  4. You're right, these do give a sense the various different aspects of the apocalypse, like maybe the books are going to show how it's affecting various different places. I think, like Barb, I like Blood Sweat and Tears the most too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about that cover that really appeals doesn't it? I can't wait to get started on this series...and a lot of others too!

      Delete
  5. I do like that the covers tells a story and that feels very current mostly because of the font BUT I would not feel attracted to these covers. Too busy for my taste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covers are such a personal thing aren't they! We all have such different tastes in what makes us pick up a book to check it out. You're right about the covers being busy...for some reason that always interests me though I'm not sure why!

      Delete