Friday, 31 March 2017

The Monster Month of March-update

It's March and it seems like a good excuse to select some books related to monsters of all kinds to read this month. Welcome to the Monster Month of March at The Book Cave! I'll be reading a mixture of ebooks and paperbacks, each featuring various monsters-zombies, vampires, shifters, dinosaurs, sharks...the possibilities are endless and I'm very excited! Here was my starting list:

1) Steve Alten-Meg
2) Brennan Beard-Devil of the Forest (DNF)
3) Ezekiel Boone-The Hatching
4) Eric S Brown-Bigfoot War (read)
5) Jonah Buck-Carrion Safari (read)
6) Rick Chesler-Hotel Megalodon (read)
7) Catt Dahman-Extinction Island 2 (read)
8) Catt Dahman-Louisiana Saturday Night (read)
9) Ray Garton-'Nids (read)
10) Dane Hatchell-The Lost World of Patagonia (read)
11) Hunter Shea-Swamp Monster Massacre (read)
12) Cherie Priest-Hellbent
13) Chris Fox-No such thing as werewolves (DNF)
14) Judith Post-Magicks Uncaged
15) Patricia Briggs-Fire Touched
16) Robert Brown-Barren Fields (read)
17) Keith RA DeCandido-Resident Evil Apocalypse (read)
18) Bonnie Dee-Dead Country (read)
19) Micah Gurley-The Rise of Macon (read)
20) Dave Jefferey-Necropolis Rising (read)
21) Steven Jenkins-Purge (read)
22) Steven Jenkins-Riot (read)
23) Craig Jones-Breakout (read)
24) Jason Kristopher-Interval (read)
25) Jason Kristopher-Walker Chronicles (read)
26) Jason Kristopher-Beginning (read)
27) JT Sawyer-The Longest Day (read)
28) JT Sawyer-No place to hide (read)
29) JT Sawyer-Until Morning Comes (read)
30) Timothy Long-Z Risen (read)
31) Rashad Freeman-Dust to Dust (read)

It's the end of the month and I read 26/31 which I'm pleased with overall. I didn't get to 5 of the books as I ran of steam and needed a reading rest to renew me for April. I discovered a few new authors that I liked-Ray Garton and Hunter Shea, had a brilliant read in Bigfoot War and completed a few series as well so yes, happy with progress!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your review of Ezekiel Boone, The Hatching. I always wanted to read but I haven't gotten to it yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read it this month as I couldn't find time to fit it in. I don't know when I'll get to reading it now.

      Delete