Sunday, 7 February 2016

Zombie Week!


Welcome to Zombie Week at The Book Cave! I used to have themed months but I could never last a whole month on a genre without getting bored with it and sometimes it caused reading slumps! So I think themed weeks are the new way to go and it means I don't get bored with any genres.

The first few weeks in January were devoted to zombies then to clear my tbr a bit I had a Contemporary Week and last week was Tudor Week. I reduced the tbr and got some books read that I've had for years.This week I'm looking at zombie short stories and novellas to clear some space on the ereaders, reduce the tbr and get ahead on the Goodreads Reading Challenge! I will be trying some new authors which is quite exciting and on Sunday I'll post my next Reading with Chuckles which will update my progress for the week!

So protect your brains and prepare for Zombie Week!

10 comments:

  1. Have fun with your zombie week! I only read 1-3 books a week, so doing a month themed for a genre usually works for me. I am doing a monthly cozy mystery challenge at the moment, but I am also readign a few other genres in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to do zombie week followed by prepper week which are other apocalypse related books. After that I need to think what I'm going to do next! Enjoy your cozy mystery month!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's two whole weeks since I last read a zombie book! I can't wait to get reading tonight!

      Delete
  3. YAY - just saw Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Georgian era zombies to delight in ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I'm not keen on it-never liked Jane Austen or the classics! I read the zombie version of the book and it was ok but I'm more a modern zombie kinda girl I think!

      Delete
  4. Ah, I rarely can do more than one of a certain type of book in a row. It usually depends on what the review books I have to read are. But I do love zombies! I can't wait to see the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read 5 zombie books since Monday already so I'm pretty excited about zombie week! I'm very much a mood reader but I never seem to get tired of zombies for some reason!

      Delete
  5. Hahaha. Nice picture! lol. Hope you had fun preparing for Zombie week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a self portrait Melissa! I look like that every morning!

      Delete