Saturday, 27 February 2016

Stacking the Shelves #123


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts. So if you use DISQUS, I can't visit you! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                    
Another week has gone by without me getting much done. I spent the second half of the week with a bad stomach so there was no homemade soup or much housework getting done! I didn't get any films watched on Sunday as an alarm on someone's house was screaming its head off for nearly 12 hours without a break and driving me nuts. I couldn't hear the TV for the noise so film night was cancelled! I did manage to keep reading though, as well as watching reruns of Robot Wars. How I wish Craig Charles was going to host the new version of the show-it won't be the same without him! Anyway on the reading front it was Prepper and Disaster Week so there were preppers and EMPS and zombies etc! Lovely! I haven't decided yet if I'm having a theme for next week or just a 'whatever I feel like' week. I'll decide on that tomorrow.

I bought a few Prepper books that I read and enjoyed during my themed weeks so a couple of them arrived this week. As I included them when I got the ereader copies, I'm not adding them to my STS but it was books by Boyd Craven III and Darrell Maloney. I did get a few new ones though which was exciting. On the download side of things, I'm still uploading books I grabbed several weeks ago. I picked by a couple of new ones this week by Boyd Craven III in the series of his that I've enjoyed so that should keep me happy!

DOWNLOADS:




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19321379-the-days-after
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15994062-the-preparation 


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25047641-exiled 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20809782-nine-meals 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28817629-surviving 

 

PAPERBACKS:





22 comments:

  1. Sorry that you were feeling bad this week, Chuckles. I can't believe that the neighbors alarm went off for 12 hours...I am pretty sure that I would have lost my mind. It looks like you picked up some interesting books this week. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That alarm drove me to the brink of sanity, I can tell you that! Screaming 'shut up!' every ten minutes did not help my headache! I don't know exactly where it was but it was darn loud!

      Delete
  2. Oh no! An alarm going for over 12 hours? I would have been ballistic, I think. I hope you're feeling much better now, with no more upset stomach.
    You got a huge haul once more - I hope you'll enjoy all your new books.
    Have a fantastic weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've felt a bit 'off' most of the week but I'm not sure why! Still, a good book haul helps to cheer me up!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of any of there, but they all look pretty good, so I will be sure to check them out! *RunsOffToGoodreads*

    -Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to 'help' readers get more books! *evil snigger* Hope you find a few good ones to enjoy! Thanks for visiting me!

      Delete
    2. Sadly I cannot leave a comment on your STS because you use DISQUS. I never allow other companies access to my sites as I disagree with them being able to read and alter things on my sites. Sorry!

      Delete
  4. Day of Wrath should be a good read - I have a few of Forstchen's books on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ordered a couple more of his books that sound quite interesting so hopefully I'll enjoy them! If I read any more prepper and disaster books this week I might give myself a nervous breakdown I think!

      Delete
  5. Urgh that sounds like a horrible week! Glad you got some reading done though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a crap week like this, I just HAVE to treat myself to a few books from Amazon purely for therapy purposes!

      Delete
    2. Wordpress is refusing to let me comment on your page again. Sorry! I hate Wordpress!

      Delete
  6. Wonder why someone didn't do something about the alarm. That would have driven me nuts. Looks like you git some good books this week. Days of Wrath looks interesting. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I live, everyone keeps their noses out of each other's business especially with the junkies in the area constantly causing trouble. I wish I had the money to move!

      Delete
  7. Wow, I think I would have a difficult time sleeping if I read too many of these Prepper books! They do look like fun, though. I hope you are feeling better. It's such a bummer to be sick. Have a better week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly more aware of what is happening on the news! Some nights it is tough to switch off from an exciting prepper book!

      Delete
  8. Nice haul, as always! I hope you're feeling better. Enjoy your books and have a great week ahead!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to feel sorry for myself at times! Yeah I seem to have got over the stupid stomach issues from last week and I feel much better now thanks!

      Delete
  9. What a surprising sort of haul for you! :P

    I so agree about Robot Wars; it's going to feel so different without Craig Charles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, preppers and zombies just for a change! I can't imagine Robot Wars without him 'Let the Wars begin!' And I'm worried which house robots have been scrapped!

      Delete
  10. Hope things have settled down for you. I always like seeing your zombie picks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the zombie stuff gives you a few ideas for stacking your tbr as I love to lead people astray!

      Delete