Monday, 15 February 2016

Prepper Week!


Yes it's Prepper Week at The Book Cave! For those unsure of the word, Preppers are people who prepare in advance for a range of disasters that may or may not happen in the future, as well as home defense and preserving/growing/storing their own food. This prepping can mean extra supplies to go a few days without heating and electricity after a storm to more extreme events like EMP attacks, pandemics, nuclear war and the zombie apocalypse. Yes everyone needs a plan for dealing with those dang zombies! 

Prepper fiction is about these fictional disasters where the MCs are preppers who are ready to deal with these disasters while everyone else hopes the government will sort it out. I have become more interested in prepper fiction which I stumbled upon due to my love of zombie books. I'm even becoming a bit of a prepper myself on a small scale and limited budget.

Just as well I'm into this really. I have previously worked in security so I'm pretty vigilant and observant and I noticed last night that someone has been in our garden moving things around. Nothing was missing so I think they may have been looking for spare keys hidden outside. And our neighbour has had trouble getting his front and back doors open this week due to some kind of damage. Coincidence? I don't think so. I think the houses in our street are being cased for possible break in so it's lucky that I have prepper home defense books which will be my project for this week and beyond.  I'll make it as tough as possible for the gits to get into my house!

Great start to Prepper week huh?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I hate to hear that you think that someone is trying to break into homes in your neighborhood. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the street nearest to ours is council run with lots of criminals and junkies living in it. We constantly get the same junkies coming through day and night looking for things to steal. It's infuriating and the police do nothing about it. So I guess it's up to Prepper Chuckles!

      Delete
  2. I hate the idea of someone being in my garden at night whilst I am asleep inside. Gives me the creeps. I am all for prepping, to be honest I bulk buy a lot of stuff as it is generally cheaper so I am good for a few weeks, as for months, well I still have lots of Christmas chocs left over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gives you an advantage...according to what I've read the average person has food for three days in their house. Three DAYS? What if there is a winter snow storm that leaves you stuck inside with no electricity? I find that a bit scary!

      Delete