Saturday, 13 February 2016

Stacking the Shelves #121


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts. So if you use DISQUS, I can't visit you! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                  
So this was Zombie week at The Book Cave and it will finish tomorrow. It has been quite successful as I've read eight books, currently reading one I hope to finish tonight, three I DNF and maybe time for another one tomorrow. That's pretty good I think! I do like a productive week. Next week will be Prepper Week where I look at prepper fiction about EMP and pandemic attacks on the world with preppers as MCs. I have some brand new authors lined up to try which is quite exciting! So I'll look forward to that.

I'm still uploading zombie and prepper books from a couple of weeks ago and I have a LOT of fiction to share with you over the next few weeks! I also got a pile of free prepper books on every non fiction thing you can imagine on indoor gardening, stocking food, canning and preserving, home defence, emergency rations...I find this stuff FASCINATING! I plan to look at the possibility of growing some fresh veg and learning how to pickle and can. You don't need an impending apocalypse to learn a few new skills! I've got hold of that series Doomsday Preppers and that looks well worth a watch. I hope to be starting film night on a Sunday as I really need to catch up on all the films I recorded from Sky Movies before we cancelled it. I have boxes full of darn video tapes and disks from the dvd recorder to get through!

DOWNLOADS:












20 comments:

  1. Great haul! I actually learned how to can a few years ago. It's really not hard at all. There is something very rewarding about doing it actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! I don't drive so getting on public transport with heavy shopping bags is not an option and this would make life easier. I've grabbed a few free books from Amazon about it to get me started.

      Delete
  2. Fun haul! I hope you enjoy your books.

    Diane @ Diane’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome haul and sounds like you had a great reading week too. My grandmother used to garden, can and make jams and jellies. Too bad some of it didn't sink in with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to think about canning and storing food but reading all these disaster books has awoken my paranoid side I think!

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul! :D Hope you'll enjoy it all! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing makes me smile like a big book haul!

      Delete
  5. I nearly picked up a zombie book this weekend at the library and thought of you! I don't even know now what it was, haha. It just made me go "oh, Chuckles!" Hope you enjoy the new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* Yep just call me Zombie Queen Chuckles!

      Delete
  6. Awesome stack of books. There are quite a few new ones that I hadn't seen before. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to find a pile of new authors! I hadn't heard of most of these authors until 2 weeks ago so it's pretty exciting!

      Delete
  7. Wow, that's quite a theme you got going. I've never heard of the term, "Prepper" before but I guess it makes sense that a prepper is someone preparing for a disaster? I'm glad you had a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's right. There are lots of types of preppers preparing for disasters like EMP strikes, global pandemics, zombie apocalypse, nuclear war or simple power losses after storms and natural disasters. Prepper fiction has really taken off and I love reading about these fictional disasters!

      Delete
  8. they're all new to me! I hope you'll enjoy them! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited by the thought of them!

      Delete
  9. I don't know these books but I hope you enjoy all of the books you got :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you'll enjoy all your new books, Chuckles! I haven't heard of any of these before, of course, but the Thorsen books look interesting to me. I love the title 'Don't worry, it's just the flu'...
    Have a great week and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His books are short stories so I plan to tackle them next! The author also says that there is no sex (yea!) in his book or bad language, just a bit of violence. I get so tired of this desire to have sex in the middle of an apocalypse with complete strangers and risk getting pregnant! I hate that in my end of the world books!

      Delete