Saturday, 24 September 2016

Stacking the Shelves #149


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
   
I am officially wiped out. Getting the living room painted over the last ten days has turned into a bit of an ordeal with all of our ailments coming out to play. My back is pretty sore and to top it off I feel the start of a viral infection coming for me and my dad. Great, just what I bloody well need! I think I'll be spending a few nights just watching favourite films or maybe catching up on a favourite TV show. I need rest!!!

I haven't had time to read a single thing during the DIY period which is a bit annoying but I haven't been able to find a comfy way to sit to get the reading done. I'm hoping to get back on the horse this week with any luck. I haven't been book buying but I have found my master list of books yet to be uploaded to Goodreads so I can do an STS this week...yea!

DOWNLOADS:





18 comments:

  1. Good luck unwinding and relaxing after all the DIY! I hate doing stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never lifting a sodding paintbrush again EVER! Actually I won't need to as all the rooms in the house have been painted over the last 5 years or so, so that's good enough for me...

      Delete
  2. I was curious about the Resnick book! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen pretty poor reviews of it but I liked the sound of it so I figured I'd try it anyway!

      Delete
  3. Okay, Knight Force may be one of the coolest covers I've seen in a while. Definitely need to check that out. Disappearing Nightly has been sitting on my TBR shelf for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you might like the look of that one! I love that cover with all the colour on it. Hope it lives up to expectations!

      Delete
  4. We painted our bedroom a few years ago and it was also an ordeal! As we couldn't sleep in our room, we were sleeping on couches, downstairs, when an earthquake happened! It was a pretty big one too! I kept being tossed around and had a hard time getting off the couch to safety. But that is life in California. The Dead Detective looks like a fun book. Enjoy your reading ans have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting is bad enough without throwing in an earthquake!!! We get very minor ones over here but to be honest I've never felt one myself. I'm pretty happy to keep it that way...

      Delete
  5. Well at least you finished painting. I haven't heard of these books but I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These authors are all new to me so it should be interesting to see what I think of them. I have so many on the tbr that I'm having trouble deciding what to read next!

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you start feeling better soon! I haven't been feeling well lately either, but my issue are these awful migraines. I'm not sure if it's the changing of the seasons or what but my head has not been happy. lol! Also, that is good input about Disqus because I was considering using it on my blog, but I won't now. I didn't realize it needed to access other social media accounts, that's a little weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much sympathy for you...I hear that migraines are truly horrible to suffer through. I've had bad headaches the odd time but never a proper migraine. Yeah for DISQUS I'd urge anyone planning to use it to do lots of research first and see if your blog followers are willing to sign into it to leave comments.

      Delete
  7. Awesome haul of books this week. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Sometimes I wonder how I'll ever catch up reading them all!

      Delete
  8. The Dead Detective looks good. You and your Dad take some time to recoup. Sounds like you both deserve it. I think it was a bad reading week here as well. Enjoy your TV time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I'm struggling to remember the last good reading week! If I don't get started on a book by Monday, I'm taking time off to do a readathon and get back on track!

      Delete
  9. I hope you got some rest and that infection didn't get worse. Sounds like quite the ordeal painting the whole living room. I thought that Kill Zombies cover was interesting with the crocodile on the cover, makes me wonder if the crocodile kills the zombies or if the crocodile is a zombie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad and I are really not fit to do DIY like that but I don't like unknown workmen doing things like that when you don't know if they are reliable, and it also costs a fortune. So we had to do it!

      For further info on each book, click on the Goodreads link provided.

      Delete