Saturday, 3 September 2016

Stacking the Shelves #147


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
 
Another week goes by and I am feeling pretty grumpy and hacked off. My mattress pretty much is a hellish springfest and I'm counting the days until the new one is finally delivered on Wednesday afternoon. Meanwhile I'm not sleeping and have crippling darn back pain. *grumps* I've been like a bear to live with this week! The only good thing was getting the chance to binge watch Deadliest Catch so I'm all caught up with that now. Now I need to target other stuff like Bering Sea Gold, Gold Rush, Ax Men, Yukon Gold and Wicked Tuna which I'm a couple of seasons behind on. And get a bit more reading done!
 
On the reading side of things I concentrated on the recent urban fantasy downloads which you can see by my reviews this week did not go great. I did enjoy one, the Lisa Blackwood book so I grabbed books 2 and 3 to see what happens next! So I am finally starting to deal with the mass breeding tbr! I'm hoping this week that I get some more good reading done and finish my Goodreads Reading Challenge. I only have two books to go to reach my 200 goal so I'm happy enough, with autumn and winter reading time still to come! Hope you guys are doing well with your reading challenges!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I hope your back will heal quickly, Chuckles! It is always amazing (not in a good way, either) to me how much back pain can negatively impact us in every way.
    Enjoy your new books and have a wonderful weekend.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back pain seems to be one of those things you can't ignore as it affects you whether you sit, stand or lie down! Hopefully the new mattress will sort that out. Wishing I'd ordered it BEFORE the Olympics now! Still I'm in a better mood with a few new downloads for Kindle!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a good selection, as usual! I hope you enjoy 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice mixed bag this week which is pretty exciting!

      Delete
  3. You always get some amazing books. The Lisa Blackwood book covers catch my attention. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was previously released with pretty boring covers so these are the beautiful relaunched covers and it certainly attracted me to the books! I've read and enjoyed the prequel which was free and the first book so I have high hopes for the rest of the series!

      Delete
  4. Nice haul. I didn't care for The Hatching, so I'll be curious to see what you think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that the horror ones I've read over the last ten years have been somewhat hit and miss so I'm not sure myself what I'll think! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I do like it!

      Delete
  5. I am SO sorry to hear about your back pain--here's hoping it sorts itself out at least a little with your new mattress!

    I've heard so many great things about The Hatching, but I can't decide if I want to pick it up myself or not! I'm such a wimp when it comes to books about bugs!

    Here's hoping you enjoy your recent bookish acquisitions! If you're interested, here's my Stacking the Shelves--no pressure or worries if you're not, though! Regardless, happy book-ing to you in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three more nights with this old mattress to go...I'm certainly counting down to the new one! I have a serious spider terror and I like scaring myself with spider books for some reason. I can read about them as long as I don't SEE them!

      Delete
  6. You definitely need to read The Suicide Motor Squad and The Hatching. I really enjoyed them both and am keeping my fingers crossed you do too. There is s character in The Hatching I'm sure you'll hate, but the rest are very tolerable. Also hope feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was your reviews that tempted me to these books! Don't worry, even if I hate them I never blame the person who recommends them! *grins* Every book you pick up is a lottery anyway and I like trying new authors. I don't find many decent horrors these days so I'm happy to try a few more. As for characters, I can usually find one to hate!

      Delete
  7. I am sorry to hear about your back pain. That's the worst :( We have actually been considering a new mattress lately but I haven't bought one yet. You picked some great books this week. The Hatching and The Last One are books that I am really interested in. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the concept of horror game shows. I'm one of those people who'd love to see The Running Man on Saturday night TV...it would cut the crowding in our prisons...Hopefully a few more days and the back pain will be sorted by the new mattress. I wish it was Wednesday!

      Delete
  8. I really liked the Haley one but I'm sad we don't have more. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit different from my usual reads so we'll see how I get on!

      Delete
  9. I hope the new mattress helps with your back. I know that can be so important. I've also found I have a pillow that has helped me as well. It's a brand called "My Pillow". I've got two of them now. Bought one at a trade show, and now they sell them at Bed Bath and Beyond.

    The Hatching is a book that I've been intrigued by. I'll have to check out your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to torture myself with spider stories!

      Delete