Saturday, 25 July 2015

Stacking the Shelves #94


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
               
Last Saturday I decided it was time to catch up on some TV that I never seem to get round to. So from Saturday-Wednesday, I didn't read anything but I did look at a variety of series and most I wasn't greatly impressed by! I'll be posting TV reviews again this week so you can take a look at what I've been watching. The books I did look at the last two nights have all been abandoned so I haven't completed a book at all this week, which feels a bit weird. You can check out the latest news on my TBR challenge post which will go up on the blog tomorrow or Monday. I plan to get in some last minute reading today to see if I can get another book or two off the tbr! 

On the book buying side of things, I picked up a mixture of horror, Tudor fiction and urban fantasy which is quite a nice mixture. When I'll get to reading them, I don't quite know! Another small haul which is good and keeps the tbr numbers falling, which I'm happy with! 
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Ooh, very different books as usual! I like the look of Tarnish and Brazen. Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had these on wishlist for a few months so my resolve broke and I had to grab them...

      Delete
  2. These look fun! You'll be disappointed in me; I just read a non-fiction about the Wars of the Roses and the Tudors, and I'm afraid it is not a subject that ever stays in my brain...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My short term memory is really bad at the best of times! I read Tudor non fiction but not so much War of the Roses! Bit too complex at times for me and I can never remember who was on what side!

      Delete
  3. These are all new too me, but I hope you like them!!! Have a great weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I have high hopes for the Tudor novels in particular!

      Delete
  4. Oh they're all new to me I confess but I hope you'll enjoy them all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to find a better balance of watching TV and getting books read in the same week!

      Delete
  5. Great job on minimal book buying. The Dracula book looms interesting. I used to try to nab all things vampire but then Twilight turned me off. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to stay strict on the book buying through the summer and get this tbr under 500 at long last!

      Delete
  6. Oh yay! You'll really like Katherine's books. They're immaculately researched, and just really a lot of fun.

    Also, I'm smiling as I type this, because your adopted pets on the side are super cute. I think Sergei may be my favorite - he's the chillest. (Get it? Lol)

    My STtS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't see my virtual pets right now! I'm just getting that warning that there is a problem with Adobe Flash! I miss my guys! I wish it would get fixed so I can get my boys back...

      Delete
  7. Good on you Chuckles! Sometimes you just need to take a small break from reading :) I had to do that to catch up on the Game of Thrones TV series lol. It's usually reading or TV with me, I'm glad I'm not the only one ;) lol.
    I hope you enjoy your new books! I love Tudor fiction :) There's just something about it isn't there?
    Have a great week,
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a lot of series looked at this week which was nice and productive and I got my tbr down a bit more. I'm pretty happy with this week's work! Now I get to get the posts up on the blog...I know what you mean about Tudor fiction! It's the scandal and intrigue and everything and then you realise that most of it did actually happen. I love it!

      You have a great week too Amy!

      Delete
  8. These are new reads to me, I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite excited by this week's haul-all my favourite genres!

      Delete
  9. Catching up on TV shows sounds pretty nice, Chuckles! Your new books are new to me, and Imperium looks really good.
    Have a fantastic week and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had mixed success with the TV shows but that's only to be expected. I mean, you can't like EVERYTHING you watch! It did clear some video tapes though which I can now reuse!

      Delete
  10. I like how you have such a variety of books that you enjoy and pick up. Hope you enjoy these ones too. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they live up to expectations!

      Delete