Saturday, 11 July 2015

Stacking the Shelves #92


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
             
This week, I turned my attention away from horror after getting quite a few looked at over the previous week. Now I'm looking at books that I was re-reading after many years ie Sue Barton nursing books. I know I won't be keeping them so I can get them straight to a charity shop when I finish or maybe bookcross them. I also looked at a few urban fantasy that have been on my shelf too long. I think I'll target the kids books like Percy Jackson next as they are all shorter reads. If things keep progressing like this I could reach my goal maybe by the end of August! There will be another Book Challenge update tomorrow or Monday to chart progress.
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 


BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:



28 comments:

  1. Nice haul this week, Chuckles! Chasing Daybreak looks great, I love that cover!

    Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hauls this size are quite acceptable as it lets me reduce the tbr without book bans which don't work on me anyway!

      Delete
  2. Chasing Daybreak looks really good!

    Hope you enjoy everything! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw this book on other blogs this week and was intrigued by the blurb. A few reviews seem to hint at ex boyfriend issues which I hope doesn't spoil it...

      Delete
  3. Nice haul. I have a few Jack Kilborn titles on my shelf but have yet to give him a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afraid was a really good horror thriller so after reading it, I had to grab the next two in the series!

      Delete
  4. Chasing Daybreak looks good! I haven't hear of the rest. Enjoy your finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to hear of a new book or author! I hope it turns out to be a good read.

      Delete
  5. I'm not familiar with any of these. It's a nice sized haul, though. Not overwhelming, which is a good thing. I'm trying to be more in control. It doesn't always work, though. Good luck with your reading goal!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Control is overrated! *grins* Hauls this size through the summer should let me keep reducing the pile through the rest of the year and I'll be happy with that!

      Delete
  6. I think I saw the first one somewhere but I didn't know about the others. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has certainly appeared on a few blogs this week which is where I saw it. It's free on Amazon for Kindle right now if anyone wants to grab it.

      Delete
  7. Arghh, I typed a comment and then Chrome lost it. I think. I'm not even sure why. Anyway! I was wishing you luck with your goals -- I'm working on my ARCs, up to 63% ratio on netgalley from 45% when I started. 80% by the end of the year is the goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your goal! I think having a goal is a productive way to keep the tbrs under control. I'm now trying to read the paperbacks that are the shortest to get the numbers moving again!

      Delete
  8. Nice haul and I may have to check out Chasing Daybreak. Good luck on whittling away on your TBR too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a good reading week...I've dived into Percy Jackson!

      Delete
  9. Nice haul you got this week and it sounds like you are making great progress with your reading goal. Good luck! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with a small haul at the moment...and lots of reading!

      Delete
  10. I like the look of those Jack Kilborn books but must resist (well I might have a tiny peek) as my TBR pile is hitting the roof!

    Have a great week!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Afraid' was a good gory and tension filled horror thriller. I really enjoyed it. Ooh I know what you mean about that dratted tbr mounting...!

      Delete
  11. Hi Chuckles,
    I really liked the Percy Jackson books. I haven't read the latest one yet though (still!), it's on my tbr list. I hope you enjoy them too... they're totally different to the movies... just pretend the movies don't exist.
    Have a great week! :D
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nearly finished rereading the first one and then I'll be reading the rest back to back. I forgot how much I loved Grover! I did see the first film a while back but don't remember much about it tho I did like it-but not as much as the book.

      Delete
  12. Good luck with the challenge. Hope you enjoy those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll have a good time with them!

      Delete