Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Chuckles TV Catch Up #2

This is my new feature for the summer! I have sooo many great sounding TV shows that I want to watch but because of all my reading, I haven't had time to catch up with any of them! So this summer I'm doing a Chuckles TV catch up where I hope to get a look at some TV, decide what I like and don't like and tell you all my thoughts on everything. Now, my TV watching is very much mood related so I can't predict what I'll want to watch...

It's been a while since I tore myself away from the books long enough to watch some TV but this weekend was a TV only zone at The Book Cave! 

This Week: Veep starring Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Hale, Reid Scott

 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1759761/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Filmography links and data courtesy of IMDb.

I like political dramas and things but I only watched one episode of this before I switched off. I didn't like the characters, there was a ton of very annoying f bombs for no darn reason instead of the witty dialogue I was expecting, which left me rolling my eyes. It wasn't clever or amusing to me, just dull and kind of childish. If I want f bombs everywhere I can open my window and hear it on the street! No thanks!

This week: Alpha House starring John Goodman, Clark Johnson, Matt Malloy, Mark Consuelos

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3012160/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2 
Filmography links and data courtesy of IMDb.

I decided to watch it for the same reason as Veep and I disliked it for the same reasons. Every second word seemed to be an f bomb and that just bores me. I like my dialogue to be witty, entertaining and amusing but having characters constantly swearing and being obnoxious morons didn't amuse in any way. I didn't like any of the characters, the story or anything about it. Stopped watching halfway through the second episode.

2 comments:

  1. I have a few series I wanted to get caught up on and haven't had the chance to do so. It kind of bums me out though. Glad you are getting to some of your shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a ton of TV to catch up on! I'm ploughing through the shows I'm not sure are my thing first to clear some space for recording new stuff this year. These two were huge let downs!

      Delete