Thursday, 16 July 2015

Film Review: Jurassic World (2015)


A new theme park is built on the original site of Jurassic Park. Everything is going well until the park's newest attraction--a genetically modified giant stealth killing machine--escapes containment and goes on a killing spree.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/?ref_=nv_sr_1 
Filmography links and data courtesy of IMDb.

My Review:
Ok, I LOVE dinosaurs. When I was about 6 or 7 I told my teacher that I wanted to be a dinosaur when I grew up. I used to run around the playground pretending to be a pterasaur  I was so excited when the original Jurassic Park films came out and I went to see the first two countless times at the cinema. Since the third film, there have rumours about another film and now FINALLY it has arrived! Would it live up to the hype?

Bet your ass it did. AWESOME!

I loved this film! When you get that first look at the actual theme park, you wistfully think it's a shame it isn't real so you can visit the attractions and see all the dinosaurs. Loved the petting zoo, the monorail, those nifty pod things that let you get close to the dinosaurs, the Seaworld setting with that scary dinocroc thing, the gift shops, visitor's centre, control room....ooh I wanted to go there and enjoy all the rides and things.

Until all hell breaks loose of course! The new genetic hybrid monster is scary and really exciting! When it escapes, the tension level is so high that it really gets the heart pounding. You thought the T Rex was a scary guy? Well you don't want to meet this thing! I really liked the idea that they were using the intelligence of the raptors to try to train them and you could see the different personalities showing through, especially Blue. Blue was brilliant! I really enjoyed all the scenes with the raptors right through the film. Did I mention how much I love those flying dinosaurs? If you like them, you are really in for a treat with this film. 

The range of dinosaurs featured is great. The special effects are brilliant and provide for some really exciting action sequences, plus we get scary moments, humour and a few emotional scenes that I wasn't expecting which made my lip quiver! 

The casting was excellent. Chris Pine is great as the action hero working with the raptors to 'tame' them. Vincent D'Onofrio is a great actor and as usual he played that smug and slimy bad guy role perfectly. Irrfan Khan and Jake Johnson provide a bit of fun to the scenes...on the whole I was pleased with the casting and nobody annoyed me which was a bonus!

So yes, I really enjoyed this film and I will be buying the dvd as soon as it is released-hopefully with lots of making of docs and things! 

star rating photo: 5 Star Rating 5stars.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Fun, fantastic film. I think it was the scene with Zara, the Pteranodon, and the Mosasaurus that won me over. I love that it had so many little elements that connected it to the original films as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a really amazing scene wasn't it! I wasn't expecting it and it just looked great! I liked the way it linked to key scenes in the previous films as well. Really hoping for more sequels!

      Delete
  2. I'm still dropping massive hints to be taken to this by the other half, I'll probably see it on blu ray and I can't wait, your review makes it sound brilliant.

    As for something scarier than a T-Rex, I thought the spinosaurus was bad JP3!!

    Great review, can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you're going to LOVE the new bad monster! There's a ton of great dinosaur scenes!

      Delete
  3. Nice! So glad you enjoyed it. I've been not sure if I want to go, but will most likely get it when comes out on DVD. But I want to watch all the movies before first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a dinosaur fan! I've been waiting YEARS for this to come along and it certainly didn't disappoint!

      Delete