Thursday, 30 July 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award


I was nominated for this award by the lovely Amy at http://www.anovelstart.com/  and thought it might be fun to take part in this kind of thing for once!

Here are the rules:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
  • Put the award logo on your blog.
  • Answer the ten questions sent to you.
  • Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Nominate ten blogs.
So here are the ten questions that Amy asked me:

1. What’s your favourite book and why?
My all time favourite book is 'IT' by Stephen King. The killer clown can change into werewolf, mummy, leper, giant bird, anything that the kids are afraid of. It kills kids in a town where everyone looks the other way and the surviving kids decide to kill IT. Years later as adults, they are forced to re-live their childhood fears and tackle the monster again. I loved the switch between past and present, Pennywise the Clown was pure evil and the subplot with psycho bully Henry Bowers was great! Best book ever!
 
2. Who’s your favourite author?
This is a difficult one as I love so many books and authors. However it is difficult to look past JK Rowling as she created my favourite book series ever! I'm so addicted to Harry Potter!

3. When and why did you start book blogging?
I started this blog on July 15th 2013 when I got interested in reading, reviewing and promoting Indie authors and needed somewhere to do it! I still read a mixture of Indie and mainstream books though I've had to take a break from the piles of review books I used to read to tackle my own tbr pile!
 
4. If you could see any book turned into a movie or TV series, which book/series would it be?
Oh without doubt it would have to be ZA Recht's Morningstar Strain trilogy, the best zombie series ever! These books were exciting, great characters, tension filled scenes, zombie attacks...what more could a reader want? There was so much I loved about the books that I really want to see it as a TV series! For a good film, I'd love to see VM Zito's 'The Return Man', another brilliant zombie book!

5. Name one book that makes you really nostalgic and why.
I think it would be Lord of the Rings. When I was a kid, my dad used to read me these books as bedtime stories. When others were getting books about puppies, I was enthralled by orcs and elves! The irony of that is that I don't read fantasy novels now! When I think back to this, I'm reminded of happy childhood days...  
 
6. Name three books everyone simply must read.
I don't really believe in telling other people what to read as reading is such a personal choice. Instead I'll go with three Indie series that I highly recommend. 
- David Estes: Dwellers series
-RL Naquin: Monster Haven series
-Kendra C Highley: Matt Archer Monster Hunter
 
7. Name three books/series you really wish you could be a part of.
-JK Rowling's Harry Potter. Hogwarts. I'm still waiting for my darn letter!
-Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park! I'm a dinosaur fanatic and the thought of actually getting to go to a theme park to see them for real blows my mind! How amazing did Jurassic World look? Before the dinosaurs started eating people of course...

8. Name three book BFFs.
-Maurice the Closet Monster from RL Naquin's Monster Haven books! He cooks, he cleans, he arranges home security, he advises on your love life and will defend you with his life! He is my ideal guy!
-Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. She's smart, brave and a talented witch.

9. What do you love the most about reading? 
When you're having a bad day you can just lose yourself in an exciting book world and have adventures with other people! Reading isn't just entertainment it's an escape from the dull reality of your own life!  

10. What’s your top bookish pet peeve?
I have too many to choose one! I hate love triangles, instaluv, romances in zombie novels, whiny or ditzy female MCs, bullying rapists as romantic heroes, and cliche plots ie are there really so many nasty bullies in American schools??? 

My Questions for you!
1-What are your favourite book genres?
2-Which genres do you rarely or never read and why?
3-What are your favourite books/series?
4-Which hyped books were you most disappointed by?
5-Which books were better than you imagined they could be?
6-What do you hate to see in book plots?
7-Which lesser known books/series would you recommend?
8-Do you prefer to read the book before you see the film?
9-Do you ever read more than one book at a time?
10-Which posts interest you most on other people's blogs? 

OK now the tough bit, nominating blogs! I don't follow many and most people I know already took part in this one which made it kinda tough! OK I've done my best and hopefully a few of you might be interested in taking part!

Geek Girl on the Page http://geekgirlotp.blogspot.co.uk/
Katie's Corner http://crasyabout.blogspot.co.uk/  
Diane's Book Blog http://dianes-book.blogspot.co.uk/
A Flurry of Ponderings http://www.aflurryofponderings.com/  
Always lost in stories http://alwayslostinstories.blogspot.co.uk/ 
Backchatting Books http://www.backchattingbooks.com/
Bloggin' bout Books http://www.blogginboutbooks.com/  
Bookfever http://bookfever11.blogspot.co.uk/
Hit or Miss Books https://hitormissbooks.wordpress.com/about/
Good Friends, Good Books and a Sleepy Conscience http://www.lilmissvixreads.blogspot.co.uk/

8 comments:

  1. I love reading for much of the same reason, it's just so nice to be able to relax and escape with a good book at the end of the day. I also love the dwellers series by David Estes, it's my favourite series by him together with the coutnry series. I liked his later books less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read the rest of the Dwellers series. I read book one back in July 2013 and loved it but haven't read the others yet! I'm saving them for a rainy day or something!

      Delete
  2. Awesome answers. I need to get Monster Haven series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just spotted this! Thanks for the nomination, I'll get my answers up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, I'm so pleased you are happy! I was worried that my ten nominations would be yelling 'troll face!' at me and running away! I'll be coming over to nose at your answers!

      Delete
  4. Great post! The bit about LoTR was really sweet! I'm still waiting for my Hogwarts letter too :( I think they forgot about me. No doubt we'd both be awesome though!
    And about IT being your favourite book... Eep!! I'm a scaredy cat (as I've said many-a-time) so I'll leave that one to you. I've seen the movie though :)
    I'm going to look into your must-reads.
    Btw, I totally agree about why you love reading. It's beautiful to just escape the world in a book... your problems don't exist any more while you're reading and I love that.
    I'm glad you had fun doing it :D
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hogwarts are getting very lax with their post I reckon...YEARS I've waited! On Pottermore I'm a Hufflepuff which I think is the perfect fit for me plus I love badgers! I don't look great in yellow though so that's a bit of a worry...

      Thanks again for nominating me Amy...it was fun to do the questions!

      Delete