Tuesday, 22 September 2015

The TBR Book Tag


I was tagged by the lovely Barb at http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.co.uk  and thought this was the ideal tag for me to get involved in! So here are my answers to the tbr related questions!

1) How do you keep track of your tbr pile?
I upload everything onto my Goodreads page so I can easily refer to it online. I can use it to see if something new in a series is about to be published or check which book or short story comes next. It's the best way to keep track of things. I also use http://www.fictfact.com which helps you to track books in series you are following. I find it helpful when I remember to update the books I've read!

2) Is your tbr mostly print or ebooks?
ERK! Mostly print books! I've spent years building up my book collection through second hand bookshops, charity shops, Amazon, Waterstones and WH Smith, plus trading my unwanted books with other UK swappers at  http://www.readitswapit.co.uk and sharing books with other book lovers over at http://www.bookcrossing.com/ For me nothing beats the feel or smell of the printed book in your hands! I try things free using my ereader but if I love it I try to get that paperback version to keep and read again!

3) How do you determine which book from your tbr to read next?
This is something I always have trouble with! Anything I'm reviewing for authors takes priority of course, but if I'm reading for myself I'm very much a mood reader. I tried doing themed months where I tried to read a particular genre for a whole month but by the third week I'd be getting bored with it and wanting to read something else! The exception is October which is always Spooky Booky month where I read anything with monsters. I'm looking forward to starting that soon! I like to try and decide what I'm going to read next before I finish what I'm on but sometimes I can spend hours staring blankly at my bookshelves with no idea what to pick next!

4) A book that's been on your tbr list the longest
The Empty Chair by Jeffery Deaver has been sitting unread since at LEAST March 2010 which is pretty shocking! I really liked the first two books in that series so why it has taken so long to get back to it is a mystery to me! Too many books, too little time! Actually I blame the authors for all those shiny new books that keep coming out...

5) A book on your tbr strictly because of its beautiful cover 
This is a tough one because I only buy books I want to read. I wouldn't buy one just because of the cover-the blurb would have to entice me too. I decided to go with one that I sort of think sounds interesting but I'm not so sure how keen I am to get to it!











6) A book you recently added to your tbr
I picked up a few recently on my holiday book splurge so lets go with Emily Murdoch-If you find me. It sounded a bit different from my normal reads. 

7) A book on your tbr that you never plan on reading
Hmmm there are a few that I've got lurking that are not my highest priority! I'm not a fan of fantasy-I picked up Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence from a charity shop on a whim because I liked the cover and blurb but after reading a few Goodreads reviews I'm not so keen to read it! 

8) A book on your tbr that everyone has read but you
The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling. I've had it for ages but never come close to reading it yet. A lot of my friends read it when it came out and had mixed opinions on it.  

9) A book on your tbr that you are dying to read
The rest of the Monster Haven series by RL Naquin! I loved the first four books but I didn't read the others because I don't want the series to be over! But I loved it so much it's driving me mad not knowing what happens next! So I'm picking RL Naquin-Demons in my driveway. 

10) An unpublished book on your tbr that you are excited for
Every book on my tbr is already in my possession. Anything unpublished yet is on my wishlist. 

11) A book on your tbr that everyone recommends to you
I don't really get book recommendations from friends as their tastes are so different to mine. A popular book online that is on my tbr is Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor 7 Park. I'm not sure it's really my thing but I decided to try it anyway. If I don't like it there are lots of people I know on bookcrossing who want to read it! 

12) How many books are on your Goodreads tbr shelf? 
504 books that I own and are unread as yet! Plus everything on my wishlist!

My nomination!
I nominate anyone reading this who wants to take part in it! If you take part, tell me you are doing it so I can come and see your answers!

8 comments:

  1. I will have to try fictfact...never heard of that site. I really hope you love Maplecroft. I did, but I think it has been hit or miss with people. Thanks for the great mention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to update my books on FictFact-it's been a while since I had the time! Thanks again for tagging me!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I should do this... on the other hand, it might scare me even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this kind of thing! These questions weren't too difficult so it didn't take me long to answer them.

      Delete
  3. I mostly use goodreads to keep track of my to-read list. I ist all my books there and have different shelves to keep track of everything. While I have a big collection of print books, mostly paperbacks, I think I have more ebooks now. My ebooks collection grew a lot these past few years.
    I am a moodreader as well and determining what to read next is absed on recently new books, books I have in the back of my mind to read soon and what I am in the mood for or a weird mix of all those factors and more. I think I once wrote a whole post about this. It was fun to read your answers to these questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun sitting thinking about the questions and your answers to them. I always enjoy tags like this as long as they aren't based on things I don't enjoy ie romance and crime!

      Delete
  4. Ugh. I am starting to struggle with what books I have and where they are these days. I don't think anything will help me keep track of it all. lol. Great organization here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a minor touch of something similar to OCD when it comes to my books! I used to spend more time sorting the books than reading them!

      Delete