Saturday, 5 September 2015

Stacking the Shelves #100


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
    
Firstly I can't believe that this is my 100th Stacking the Shelves post! That is pretty exciting stuff! I have to celebrate with a nice book haul! Since I reached my goal of reducing the tbrs to 500, I haven't picked up a single book! I've just sat in front of the TV with old reruns of Masterchef which is lazy but has been fun. But not getting anything read is disappointing so this week I need to find a way out of my reading slump. I'll be taking a few days off the computer just to try and relax, sleep and read so replies to any messages you leave on the blog might be slower than usual so bear with me! I will respond to everyone before next weekend!

I've sneaked up over 500 books due to a few purchases but that will come back down if I get some reading done this week. So I'm still happy enough with things. This week we have zombies, vampires and shifters-YES! What more could a girl want on her book list? I have read the first two Mountain Man books and liked it enough to buy the series in paperback. Mountain Man and Safari are in one volume under the name Mountain Man book 1 but I've listed them seperate the way they are on Kindle just to show off the covers! I was also pleased to get my copy of the Mercy Thompson anthology which has just been released. I'll be reading that asap. 

I've also done a few book trades on RISI which helped me get rid of some unwanted books. I decided to trade them for some books in genres I don't normally read just for a change. I'm not sure how I'll get on with them but at worst, I can trade or bookcross them. 

DOWNLOADS:



BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:





TRADE:


36 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice haul. I've been avoiding The Fault in Our Stars, it just sounds... soppy. Just not my thing at all. And I haven't enjoyed John Green's work before. But hopefully you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't the kind of book I would pick up but I plan to see the film eventually and thought I better read the book first. I'm not filled with confidence but I'll give it a try!

      Delete
  2. I'd be interested to see what you make of The Fault In Our Stars. I hope you enjoy your books and get out of that book slump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE reading slumps! It feels like you are wasting so much time that you could be devoting to a good book!

      Delete
  3. Great haul, Chuckles! I ended up loving The Fault in Our Stars, and I found the movie to be good, too. I hope you'll enjoy both!
    I'm not familiar with any of your other books this week.
    Happy 100th Stacking the Shelves!!
    Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just felt like trying some different stuff this month. The experiment might not last long if I hate the books!

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul. I hate book slumps. They suck quite frankly. I'm sure a good book will get you back in reading mood.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always seem to dig up some interesting titles - I need to look into Keith Blackmore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gus is the complete anti hero with a drinking problem who does dumb stuff. Grab the free prequel 'The Hospital' which is pretty good!

      Delete
  6. Great haul!!!! The Patricia Briggs book looks good! I hope you enjoy all the reads! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new Patricia Briggs book is always exciting!

      Delete
  7. Mountain Man looks like one I want to read - love me some zombies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth a read! I love my zombies too! Check out my post last week for more zombie options! (STS #99)

      Delete
  8. I really wanted to like A Fault on Our Stars but found it just ok. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend, you deserve it. Thanks for being a regular visitor to my blog. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need the rest Barb! I should hopefully have good stuff to talk about next weekend if I get some sleep and rest!

      Delete
  9. Yup, I'd say that's a good haul to celebrate. Have a great week and get some reading done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like a book haul to cheer you up...well, that's my excuse!

      Delete
  10. I have heard really good things about The Shock of the Fall! I may have to get a copy. Enjoy!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's different from my normal reads but the story sounded intriguing. Hopefully I'll enjoy a change of genres!

      Delete
  11. yay for the Briggs book! I didn't know about the others. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to catch up with Mercy's gang and get into these short stories-once I get out of this reading slump!

      Delete
  12. Nice haul! I just grabbed Burn the Dead and Empty Bodies since they are still free. So thanks. :) I hope you enjoy all these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There can never be too many zombies in your life! Well, unless the undead are chasing you down the street! Glad you were able to grab them! More zombies on my STS tomorrow!

      Delete
  13. I got Empty Bodies this week as well! Love the cover of The Shock of the Fall! Great haul!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a holiday haul to post which is bigger than usual so that will not help the tbr especially as I haven't read anything in two weeks! Erk! This haul is good and it's exciting to try something different like The Shock of the Fall.

      Delete
  14. Happy 110th StS! I'm not in a reading slump, I'm just reading slow right now, so I feel your pain. I hope you enjoy these books and get back on track. Have a great week!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another week has gone by without reading...*sob* but I did have the excuse of being on holiday unexpectedly for four days! MUST get reading tonight!!!

      Delete
  15. Wow! The fault in our stars will make you cry like a baby, I did! I hope you enjoy all of the books you got :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read a lot of this kind of book and true life stories of abuse but the true ones made me so depressed I stopped reading them all! I think having something different to read occasionally can be good-I hope so!

      Delete
  16. Hey! Hope you are doing well. Enjoying your time and reads. :) Sorry I've been a bit MIA. Life has gone for a drive over the hill at a rather fast speed these last few weeks. I'm hoping things will calm and I'll get back on track here. Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life always gets in the way Melissa, don't worry about it! You've always been a regular supporter of my blog and I appreciate that a lot!

      Delete
  17. I am too scared of all the emotion in Fault in Our Stars. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blubber at the slightest thing so I expect to have a box of tissues handy for this one! And I think the film will be even worse!

      Delete