Wednesday, 30 September 2015

Chuckles TV Catch Up #6

This is my new feature for the summer/autumn! I have sooo many great sounding TV shows that I want to watch but because of all my reading, I haven't had time to catch up with any of them! So this summer I'm doing a Chuckles TV catch up where I hope to get a look at some TV, decide what I like and don't like and tell you all my thoughts on everything. Now, my TV watching is very much mood related so I can't predict what I'll want to watch...

This Week: Pretty Little Liars starring Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Troian Bellisario, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1578873/?ref_=nv_sr_1 
Filmography links and data courtesy of IMDb.

I read the first story arc of the books and quite enjoyed it. Who is 'A' who seems to know all their guilty secrets? What happened the night that Ali disappeared and who killed her? What is the Jenna thing? Who can you trust and who is going to stab you in the back? I liked the first eight books but when we started with a second secret and a new 'A' the books went downhill for me and I quit reading. So how did I get on with the series?

Well it was good in parts. I liked Hannah, Aria and Emily, who felt true to the characters in the book. I also loved Hannah's mother played by the brilliant Laura Leighton from Melrose Place. Ali was wonderfully bitchy, Mona was a complete cow...but Spencer was wimpy and unconvincing when in the book she had been my favourite character. It was a decent series without being earth shattering and I watched quite a few episodes but in the end I wasn't too bothered about continuing to watch it, knowing how long the series is, and knowing that things have been changed from the book. So, decent but not enough to make me have to watch it.

2 comments:

  1. I've not watched this one. But it was on, this last season, before a show I did watch. It didn't seem like something I'd really get into though from the last five minutes I would see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ok to watch but the books were certainly better. When I look at all the stuff I need to get watched, I feel a bit sick!

      Delete