Thursday, 10 September 2015

Back online!


I had planned to have a few days offline to just rest and read but it didn't go quite to plan! On Saturday night my dad told me he had booked a surprise holiday for us and we left for a four day break down to Blackpool in England on Sunday! I just got in an hour ago and we had a great time! I LOVE Blackpool but we didn't go last year because we had just lost my mum to cancer last June and didn't want to be there without her. However this year my dad decided that it would be good for us to go and I'm so glad we did! We've been going there on and off as a family since I was three years old!


The weather was superb! In September in Blackpool you can get the four seasons in one day but we had sun the whole time-no rain, no freezing winds! Pretty happy with that! We strolled along the south shore a few times a day watching everyone scream on the rollercoasters, eating hotdogs and drinking slush puppies! We also did some shopping at the beach markets and of course I managed a nice visit to Waterstones to buy a few holiday books...well, it would be rude not to! I was so knackered each night that I had no energy to read but it was great to just have a rest away from here and have a bit of fun. I haven't had time to upload some holiday photos but I'll put a few on my next STS on Saturday.



So now it's back home and I need to find some energy to do the holiday washing and ironing (GROAN!!!) get some shopping in and get some reading done.

I think I need a holiday!

10 comments:

  1. That must have been a nice surprise! It sounds like you had a great time there and that's neat you also had good weather. Although doing the laundry after having been on a vacation is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting the first load washed now-the washing is ok but the ironing is horrible!!! Still, it was nice to get away for a few days and get some sun!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful surprise. Glad you guys got to enjoy some great quality time together. Can't wait to see more photos and see what books followed you home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I behaved quite well in Waterstones actually-I just looked at the buy one get one half price section and I bought eight. I'm saving what I got in a nearby charity shop for next week's haul!

      Delete
  3. Ha ha! Holiday blues! I can totally relate to that.
    First, I'm sorry to hear about your mum. It must have been quite hard to go without her for the first time. I think it's great that you both went though.
    I've never actually been to Blackpool but I think I'd like it! There seems to be a lot to do there. I'm glad you had a great time, not reading because you're enjoying yourself is one of the best reasons to put books down :P
    I hope you get over the holiday blues soon!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Blackpool! You have the Tower, the three piers, beach markets, Pleasure Beach, Sealife Centre, Dinosaur World, shopping centres, a nice big Waterstones, the waxworks, shows and events, the illuminations, the park, the zoo...tons of stuff whatever the weather!

      Losing my mum was really tough and I was scared that this first holiday away without her was going to be too hard but we did actually have a good time. Mind you, I feel as if the holiday was a year ago not two days ago! Once you get home and have to cook and do the housework again you want to be back on holiday!

      Delete
  4. I have never been to Blackpool but my in-laws love going there, they go a couple of times a year. So glad you and your dad had a good time, its nice to get away from it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place for all ages and even better when you get such great weather! I need another holiday I think...!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! That was so cool of dad. Wonderful time! And thank you for sharing pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete