Saturday, 26 September 2015

Stacking the Shelves #103


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!

I still can't seem to get rid of this stupid cold and it's annoying me! You know the kind of thing-not anywhere near bad enough to go to a doctor but it's just there all the time making you tired and grumpy. Grr! Still at least it isn't affecting my reading. I'm getting a fair amount done each week, which is being hampered by Amazon sales! I've picked up a lot of exciting books in their 3 for £10 sale which is stopping my tbr from reducing at the moment! It's not my fault...the books are just sooo shiny and new looking! *sigh* I'm trying not to look at the pile as they don't even fit on my overcrowded bookshelves! But do I feel guilty...NOPE! I want ALL the books!

 The books this week are a bit of a mixture really. The downloads are books that I thought sounded interesting. Incarceron sounds like the kind of dystopia that I might like, and I love the Resident Evil film so I figured I'd read the book next. Demons at deadnight isn't my normal kind of read but a few of my friends liked it so I'm borrowing a copy to read! I got these paperbacks from Amazon's aforementioned sale and a few were on my wishlist which makes it a double bargain! I had previously read and reasonably enjoyed Divergent so I grabbed two parts of the trilogy in the sale. The second book Insurgent was in the sale but had a totally different cover to these two but I managed to trade online for a brand new copy so my trilogy looks the same! Relief! I decided not to buy The White Princess as the stupid story of Henry VII raping his wife before they married just annoyed me, so I skipped straight to the next one in the series instead. 

DOWNLOADS:



BOUGHT PAPERBACKS: 








26 comments:

  1. Very nice haul this week, Chuckles! I really enjoyed the Divergent trilogy, I hope you will too. Incarceron and The Lie look really good, too.
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexxie! It's about 4 years since I read Divergent and I liked it enough to give it three stars but never got round to the rest of the series. With all the hype over the films, I figured it was time to give the whole trilogy a try!

      Delete
  2. All books look great! Especially The King's Curse and The Three. Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited by this haul! I actually bought quite a bit more in that sale plus a few more downloads but that will have to wait until next week's haul!

      Delete
  3. Great haul this week!!! I'm a huge Resident Evil fan! Incarceron was a great book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first Resident Evil film is one of my favourite ever films and is the best zombie one I own. Who doesn't love a bit of zombie action?!!

      Delete
  4. I have a copy of The Accident. I really need to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds intriguing without actually giving away much of the plot. I like the sound of it!

      Delete
  5. The Three is wonderful, if you get the chance read Day Four by the same author, it is a fantastic read too! Damn Amazon and their tempting offers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so good all summer but this sale has caused my restraint to crumble! But getting so many great sounding books brand new and cheap was WAY too tempting!

      Delete
  6. I read Divergent 2 years ago and while I liked it, I never continued. I own the last 2 though. I think I just found Tris, the main character to be annoying. Hope you get felling better and great haul - enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I'm back on the flu plus pills and trying to get rid of it this time! Buying all the books did help me feel a bit better though! Hopefully I'll like Divergent second time round and finish the series before I watch the films!

      Delete
  7. Nice haul! I'm not one for movie or TV tie-ins, but I always like Keith's work, especially on the Star Trek books, so Resident Evil might be worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, movie tie in novels can be pretty crap a lot of the time. This one sounds good as we are meant to learn more about Alice, Spence and Lisa before the outbreak, which I like the sound of!

      Delete
  8. Feel better soon! It's Fal here now and it means flu season is around the corner... eep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having asthma, I get a free flu jag which helps to keep the worst of these bugs at bay thankfully. It could be so much worse!

      Delete
  9. I need to get round to Incarceron... it's been ages since I thought about them. Gah, my TBR! Hope you enjoy the new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds quite intriguing doesn't it! As for the tbr I'm trying not to think about all the books I haven't listed on Goodreads yet! *whimpers*

      Delete
  10. I could never get that many books in 1 week! Hope you enjoy the Divergent books, they are much better than the movies, and I really liked the movies, so that's saying something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the look of the Divergent films-and other similar stuff like The Maze Runner. I usually try to read the books first then watch the films if I can! I did like Divergent when I first read it so I'm keen to give the whole series a go!

      Delete
  11. Oh hope you feel better soon. These colds going around are terrible. I have the first book in the Divergent series and need to read it yet. I'd like to pick up the other books to have on the shelves one of these days as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I know seems to have had a version of this stupid cold over the last month or two and can't shake it off! It's just so annoying! Still when you feel sorry for yourself you can buy books just to make yourself feel better! *gulps*

      Delete
  12. Great haul! Lots of books this week! I've wanted to read Incarceron for a while. I hope you feel better soon.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely haul isn't it! *rubs hands gleefully*

      Delete
  13. Nice haul this week. I'll be interested to see what you make of The Three. I really enjoyed it in the beginning, but was frustrated by the end. Also curious about the C.L. Taylor books, I want to read those ones myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forever colds are the worst! I hope you get better.

    ReplyDelete