Monday, 13 February 2017

Travels With Chuckles: Sellafield


For those of you who don't know, Sellafield is a nuclear fuel reprocessing and nuclear decommissioning site. It is near the village of Seascale and we passed near it on a coastal drive in Cumbria, England. Yes I know I'm weird but I love things like this! I read lots of books at school about nuclear war and stuff, so seeing something like this was fun! 






I'd have liked a tour round the place but had to settle for a few quick photos from the side of the road! That dome is just so cool somehow...doubt the locals would agree with me. I wouldn't really want to live close to it...Any good book recs on the nuclear war topics?


Save

5 comments:

  1. That picture is the dome is really cool. Such an inspiration for a sci-fi story. But you are right! I wouldn't really want to live close to it either! OMG DID YOU REALLY ASK "Any good book recs on the nuclear war topics?" YAY!!! That's gives me an excise to fangirl again about Hell Divers. The earth is positioned with radiation that's why the use those suits when they dived into it. I know you bought it. You should read it soon! Everyone should read this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already got Hell Divers-not sure when I'll fit in reading it.

      Delete
  2. We have a nuclear plant about 45 minutes away. It terrifies me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make you think doesn't it! Funny how they said nuclear energy was safe and would bring down household bills for energy. Not seeing any proof of that!

      Delete
  3. I'll let you in on a secret, I kinda love stuff like this too, part of me would like to visit Chernobyl. I blame dystopian novels, actually I can tell you when my obsession started with all things nuke, 4th year at high school we did a topic in English which meant we had to watch the film Threads about a nuke hitting somewhere in England, it freaked me out but somehow got me curious!

    ReplyDelete