Saturday, 4 February 2017

Stacking the Shelves #167


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't follow you back, sorry! (see below why I say NO)

Authorize DISQUS to use your account?
Disqus is a service and tool for web comments and discussions.
This application will be able to:
*Read Tweets from your timeline.
*See who you follow, and follow new people.
*Update your profile.
*Post Tweets for you.


I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
**************** 
Another week has passed and we're into a new month already...can you believe it? On the reading side of things I had a great month and really blew through those ebooks that were breeding on my ereader! It gets my E-Book Blitz Challenge off to a great start! This month I'm doing a paperback series catch up with zombies that should be fun but it will slow progress a bit as they take longer to read than the ebooks and there won't be DNFs! This week in general was about getting back to normal with the blogging as well, getting reviews posted for books I read last year so I can get caught up with it, getting ahead with my posts and getting back to my regular features. It was a bit less chaotic this week which was good! No films or TV watched though but I hope to fit in watching the dvd I bought this week...

DOWNLOADS:
The books this week are a mixture of those I found through links on author newsletters or through viewing them on other blogs!





PAPERBACKS:





GIFTS!
Thank you to the wonderful Velvet from  http://vvb32reads.blogspot.co.uk/  who sent me a gift package of goodies! No photo of the big chocolate covered biscuit as I ate that already... but here are the Game of Thrones coasters, coasters, Daenerys keyring and fun zombie book! Thanks Velvet! *hugs*






32 comments:

  1. I really need to catch up with Patricia Briggs' books sometime... Enjoy the new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate being a full book behind everyone else but until they release paperbacks and hardbacks at the same time I'm doomed to follow! Nice to have Fire Touched to read now! Wish the next Alpha & Omega one would come out though-it's taking ages!

      Delete
  2. Those Game of Thrones coasters are so freaking awesome! And the Daenerys keyring too. I loooove GOT! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I was so excited when I saw them! Way too nice to actually put drinks on!

      Delete
  3. Hey, Chuckles!

    Great haul this week! I picked up Destiny Blues (Hand of Fate #1) recently myself--the boyfriend insisted I need to read it. If you're interested, we could buddy read it at some point--no worries if you're not, it's just a thought!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my StS earlier today! Here's hoping you enjoy all your recent bookish acquisitions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really do buddy reads to be honest. When I start a book I read until I finish, DNF or go to bed so I wouldn't be able to read to set schedules or split over a few days or stop for discussions and stuff. I'd just want to get it dealt with and on to the next one!

      Delete
  4. Your stack is looking exciting! Hopefully, you'll enjoy reading them all!
    Here's the link to my first Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first STS! I remember doing my first and taking hours over it to get it right! Now it only takes me about 15 minutes depending on number of books. Welcome and I hope to see you around!

      Delete
  5. I love the Pat the Zombie book. That’s hilarious. Good luck with catching up on reviews. I’m way behind on those as well. I just haven’t felt motivated to do anything lately. Enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely feel motivated to do book reviews! I had a pile of notes on all the books I've read over the last 3 or 4 years and lost half of it so it's been a struggle to catch up! I'm doing ok with it now, getting there slowly. I hope by March to have reviewed all last years books so hopefully then I can start catching up with this year!

      Delete
  6. Been meaning to get into a Tudors themed binge read to get to know more of the details. YAY! glad you got your treats in the mail ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a princess among bloggers Velvet-I loved the package! I have a few more Tudor books on wishlist that I hope to pick up over the next few months so I might have to have a Tudor month to get them all read!

      Delete
  7. Awesome haul of books this week. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Calling looks quite good. And I like the Game of Thrones coasters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Calling is the one I'm really excited about, especially getting it free from the author newsletter! I love the coasters and they come in this lovely box with the Iron Throne on the front too-awesome!

      Delete
  9. I am glad that this week was less chaotic for you. Less chaos is always good. What a nice gift! I think that you are going to really enjoy Firetouched. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need less chaos...as soon as I get stressed I get sick! I plan to read Fire Touched when I catch up on the zombie series I'm reading. Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  10. Honestly it's amazing (and crazy) that we're in February already. Where does the time go? I wish it would slow down just a little.

    You got so many new books this week! All are new to me, though I'm intrigued by the Deryn Lake one. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always looking for new Tudor books to try and that one sounded intriguing because it focuses on the Seymour family for a change. Hope it's a good one!

      Delete
  11. Great haul! I am of course excited you got Fire Touched. It's such a great series.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's another good looking haul! Now I just need to find the time to read them all. Fire Touched will be a priority this month though.

      Delete
  12. Glad you had a great reading week! And what on earth is that rabbit zombie book, haha, it looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun isn't it! Stay away from bunnies when the zombie apocalypse comes!

      Delete
  13. Hope you enjoy Corner Store Witch. I'm looking forward to the sequel. I love the keying - it's too cute! Great bunch of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a good book so fingers crossed for that. The keyring is cute isn't it! I'm thinking about collecting them and maybe hanging them up on one of those mug stands where you can hang six or eight mugs. I could fit quite a few on that...

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Funko do WAY too many cool things I think! I'm hoping that these books are going to be good too!

      Delete
  15. That Pat the zombie would give me nightmares!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not exactly your normal cute little bunny!

      Delete
  16. Oh wow, some amazing looking books! Hope you enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like an exciting looking book haul!

      Delete