Thursday, 23 February 2017

Snowy Updates!

 

Storm Doris hit Scotland and left us with snow! It was raining most of the night but about 5.30am it turned to snow and it was a couple of inches deep when I got up at 8am. Knowing I didn't have to go out in it made me happy to look at how pretty it was...until I remembered the postman was due and I had to trudge out and salt my path so he didn't go for a skite and break his neck! That left me wiped out for the entire day.

I must say sorry for the lack of discussion posts this week. I've had this dang constipation really bad on and off for weeks now. Cutting out the caffeine from my diet helped my other health issues ie the stomach cramps and nausea every morning, but the constipation has been hell. Being stuck in the loo for 40 minutes at a time until your legs go numb was not fun! Thankfully a visit to the doctor on Tuesday resulted in medication that is slowly easing the problem. But I cannot get rid of this total exhaustion. The doctor thinks it is connected to a nasty winter virus that is going around. Due to me getting a yearly flu jag, I'm not getting the bad bits of the virus but I seem to be getting this awful tiredness that leaves you feeling knackered every time you move. I haven't been able to cook all week, moving from one room to another leaves my legs like jelly and my vision going fuzzy and I just feel useless! Salting the path was a five minute job that nearly brough me to to the point of collapse. I hate this!!!

So I decided to just stick to getting ordinary reviews uploaded and doing blog visits and comments replies most of this week. I'm a bit frustrated at not getting caught up on everything I want to do but I'll try and get the discussion posts up tomorrow if I can-or at least my new Games of Thrones discussion post. 

On the bright side of things I have enjoyed takeaway food all week...yum!

17 comments:

  1. Any excuse for takeaway is always good. Sorry you're still feeling poorly. I'm doing OK but my eyes have been blurry lately (must be allergies because I feel like there is a film over them) and it made it almost impossible to read last night. I did manage to finish one crappy book though (and I mean crappy). Hope this passes soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sooo fed up being tired! It just stops you getting anything done at all, it's frustrating. Ugh for crappy books...they can really spoil your reading flow!

      Delete
  2. I hope you're feeling better soon, Chuckles. Our mailman won't even attempt to deliver our mail if the road is not plowed and he can't drive up to our mailbox and place the mail in the box through his little window. As a result, we don't our mail whenever it snows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shudders* at the thought of my books not arriving because of snow! Actually I need a clearout as there are piles of new books on my bedroom floor. I need to find these bad boys a home so I need to clear out the books I won't read again even if I liked them, try and get a trade for an Amazon voucher or something...

      Delete
  3. PS, can't wait to read your crappy review, Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's posting Monday and I think it's my first 1 star rating!

      Delete
  4. Look at all that snow! Hope you're doing well and staying warm. In contrast, it felt like spring out where I am today, I hope this is beginning of the end for winter because I can't wait for warm weather again.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that isn't a photo of where I live, just a free stock photo from Pixabay of some snow to use. I didn't want to take a boring photo of my garden path! I'm not worroed about snow unless I need to travel in it. We got lucky. Parts of the UK had hurricane winds and mega rain. I'd rather have a wee bit of snow thanks!

      Delete
  5. I am sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. We are having a very mild winter here with temps in the 70's so there hasn't been any snow...and I am ok with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter has been surprisingly mild here too and the snow yesterday had melted away by late afternoon. That's what we tend to get here-brief snow, quick melt. That suits me when I have book deliveries to come!

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well :-/ Feel better soon and, in the meantime, enjoy your takeaway food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I overloaded on a big chicken tikka masala! It's so big I need to split it over two nights so I'll be enjoying the rest tonight!

      Delete
  7. I could live on takeaway lol. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was KFC fillet burgers on Monday and Tuesday, pizza Wednesday and Thursday and tikka masala for the weekend!

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear you are feeling crap, hopefully you will feel better soon. In Perthshire I woke up to about two inches of snow then drove 20 miles to work and there was nothing. This weather is crazy.

    ReplyDelete