Sunday, 5 February 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #12


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 


This week I'm looking at the books of Lisa Blackwood and her fantasy/UF/paranormal romance series Gargoyle and Sorceress. I've read and enjoyed the first book and look forward to seeing what happens next. I also love the colours on the covers!


She has also done another series that I might take a look at though it sounds more fantasy and paranormal romance. Again, great covers!


Have you read anything by the author? What do you think of the covers?

12 comments:

  1. I do like the colors on the covers. I especially like the Betrayal's Price cover. Pretty sure I got that one from Instafreebie or something because it looked pretty lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it came in on one of the author newsletters-I grabbed it anyway!

      Delete
  2. Those are lovely covers. I wish there were a gargoyle on them though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there might have been one on the old covers but I'm not sure. Pretty colours though!

      Delete
  3. I'll second the gargoyles. I think the one with the horse is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful! Sometimes I wish I could just buy all the beautiful covers just to sit and look at them!

      Delete
  4. Nice covers. I like sorceress Awakening and Sorceress Hunting is not bad either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely the covers that enticed me to check out this author!

      Delete
  5. ALl these cover are awesome. My favorite is the Maiden's Wolf of course. LOVE WOLVES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love covers with wolves but don't own many as most with great wolves are romance novels!

      Delete
  6. I do like her book covers. The splash of color helps highlight it but the woman is definitely where my eye goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love these kinds of covers in fantasy and urban fantasy!

      Delete