Saturday, 30 April 2016

Stacking the Shelves #132


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                             
Another week gone and FINALLY my back feels almost back to normal. About time! despite the snow at the end of the week, I'm hoping for a couple of dry days this coming week to get the garden fence painted out the front, maybe get the old paint scraped off the driveway wall ready to repaint that. If I can do these lighter work jobs, my dad can concentrate on the heavier work in the back garden that is physically beyond me! It sounds like a plan and each task done is a step further forward to a pain free, low maintenance garden. Yea! I'll update my progress in my regular Gardening With Chuckles posts!

It has been a great week for getting stuck into my reading as well. I finished reading my Bug Out series and have discovered three spin off series featuring some of the characters which is very exciting! I'm looking at a few other books and authors before I get to them though. My reading has been a bit of a mixed back with some good, some not so good. Details about all that as usual on my Reading With Chuckles post tomorrow! This week's books are recent additions I've grabbed in the last two weeks so I'm not going to be short of things to read! As usual...!

DOWNLOADS:











PAPERBACKS:




28 comments:

  1. Fun haul, as usual! I need to pick up the Harry Potter magical creatures colouring book for a friend -- I know he'll love it. Glad your back is back to normal! The snow is so weird, isn't it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know the Harry Potter book was out-I saw it in the supermarket and grabbed it off the shelf! I swear the weather can't make up its mind-we had a few warm days, then snow, warm day, rain and winds! It's driving me mad coz I can't plan my gardening and indoor DIY in advance!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your back is finally better, Chuckles! And I hope you get your wish about the weather so you can paint that fence.
    Enjoy your new books and have a fantastic week ahead.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was obviously just a pulled muscle that has gone back into place. I just need to be more careful as we have too much to do for me to do real damage so early in the year. Hopefully, something productive this week but it's raining today...hope that stops by Tuesday!

      Delete
  3. Short on things to read is one thing I will never be - had 2 paperbacks and a hardcover arrive in the mail this week for review. My wife is not quite as delighted by the additions to the towering stacks.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Bob! I'll never go without a book but choosing what to read from the pile can be frustrating when I want to read them all! I'm lucky, my dad is a big reader so he grabs whatever I've just finished!

      Delete
  4. SO MANY AWESOME LOOKING BOOKS!!! Thank you for reminding me that I need to hurry up and get myself the Harry Potter colouring books! :) Happy to hear that your back is feeling better. I am so hoping for some dry days too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid British weather! You can get all four seasons in one day! It doesn't need to be hot, just dry and mild so I can get some work done!

      Delete
  5. Yay for the coloring book. You are going to have fun with that one. You got some books that are brand new to me. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I wish my hauls were a bit smaller to let me catch up but at least it was a good reading week! I must get started on these colouring books...they have been sitting waiting for ages for my attention...

      Delete
  6. I am glad to hear that your back is feeling better. There is nothing worse than a sore back. It looks like you added some more interesting books to your collection this week. I hope you enjoy each of them.


    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much sympathy for people with chronic back pain-a week of it was more than enough for me! Zombies and apocalypses...my kind of week!

      Delete
  7. The coloring book looks like a fun addition to your usual fare ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a ton of colouring books but I've been too busy reading this year to start on them or watch films and TV. I think I need to structure my time a bit better...

      Delete
  8. I'm also glad your back is starting to improve. I have knee pain, so I sympathize. I love the adult coloring books, and the Harry potter ones look like a lot of fun. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your knee pain. Knees and backs are a nightmare when you have pain there. I'm just glad mine was temperory. Have a good week and may your booky choices be great!

      Delete
  9. Great haul. I like the Harry Potter book and considered buying it but I'm so OCD at times I would worry if my oics didn't look like the movies. I was out of town on and off all week for work and didn't even get a haul posted. Glad you are reeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you should say that! I'm worried that I make a mess of the books or get the colour schemes wrong...I think that might be putting me off getting started. I also need to get the hauls reduced a bit so I can get the tbr numbers down a bit...not going to happen anytime soon I suspect!

      Delete
  10. Wow! You have quite a few to choose from here! Most of these don't look like my sort of reads, but I hope you love them.

    I love this coloring book! I may be going out and buying this now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried branching out with my reading but I just love zombies, monsters and apocalypses too much!

      Delete
  11. They're all new to me but I hope you'll enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully there will be a few goods one in there!

      Delete
  12. Wow, great haul! Undone and Horror road look like they are right up my alley. Hope you enjoy!

    Anxious Canadian Mom: STS/April Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I hope you enjoy the two you mentioned if you get the chance to grab them! Thanks for stopping by to say hi!

      Delete
  13. I am glad to hear your back is almost being back to normal, I hope you can make some progress on your garden this week. Sounds like it was a good reading week as well! And that Harry Potter colouring book looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply! I had hoped to get into the garden but it rained at least part of the day all week and I'm unsure of the latest forecasts. However, we have some indoor painting to get started on as well so we can do that if it keeps raining!

      Delete
  14. You got some great books here, especially the HP coloring book! Enjoy!

    Nicole @ Boundless Bookaholic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never resist anything Harry Potter related!

      Delete