Saturday, 16 April 2016

Stacking the Shelves #130


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                           
This has been a bit of a mixed week at Chez Chuckles. On the plus side we worked hard and got the living room aka lounge, cleared of junk, rearranged and tidied. I also managed to get the kitchen cabinets into some kind of order and clear the floor. The kitchen needs a deep clean for spring but for the moment, it is much tidier! We got several bags of clothes and books off to the charity shop and several bags of rubbish off to the tip, which was good. Nothing to report in the garden yet but next week we are getting slabs, cement, sand, bark and gravel delivered ready to get on with all the landscaping required. We are going to have to delay doing the heavy projects for a bit though as my dad put his back out yesterday and can hardly move. We're really not sure how long it'll last but I hope it passes quickly.
 
On the book side of things, I was getting right into a series I've been reading called Bug Out by Robert Boren, about a group of mostly retired people in RV's who have to take on religious psychos, local militia, current government and police, army traitors, serial killers and nuclear bombs! It's all action and I love it! So I'm starting book 10 in the series today and I've had my nose in these books all week! I managed to buy a few paperbacks of books I loved in ebook form so I'm a very happy Chuckles this week! Hope you all got lots of reading done and grabbed a few nice books to enjoy! You can never have too many books!
 
DOWNLOADS:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
FOR REVIEW:
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Great haul! I hope you're going to enjoy them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that some will be good! I guess that's the exciting thing about a new book adventure-you never know what you'll get from each one!

      Delete
  2. Yay for a nice haul, and getting paperback copies of books you liked as ebooks! I do love doing that too. And hurrah for getting stuff organised/tidied. I can't wait for tidiness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel as if I'm making progress at last with the get tidy campaign! Still a lot to do but I feel a bit happier about it. So it was necessary to treat myself to a few books...! *grins*

      Delete
  3. You always dig up some of the most interesting titles. That Bug Out series sounds like it as quirky potential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author takes little notice of spacing and punctuation but boy is it fast paced!

      Delete
  4. You always get books that I've never heard of before. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these genres so I have high hopes for the books!

      Delete
  5. Wow! So many good looking books this week! As I Wake looks really interesting...that just might have to go on my TBR pile. :)

    My Stacking the Shelves;
    http://epiloguereview.blogspot.com/2016/04/stacking-shelves-2.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of lovely books I hope! I can't wait to get in and read them! As I Wake is the prequel to The Beholder...I'm not sure if it would be better to read the prequel or the novel first...but the series is beautifully written and has elements of different genres without being overpowered by any of them.

      Delete
  6. I hope your dad's back will heal quickly, Chuckles! It's so hard to do anything at all when our backs are out of sorts :(
    You got a huge haul as usual. I'm glad you've found a new series you love :)
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to moving all that stuff being delivered on Tuesday on my own! Such typical timing! He's feeling a bit better today but still stiff.

      Delete
  7. So many great looking books. Sorry to hear about your Dad's back. Hope he heals soon. Sounds like you got a lot of work done this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a productive week until my dad's back went! He's a bit better but I'm trying to get him to rest for a while in case he does damage to it. I'm watching him like a hawk!

      Delete
  8. THey're all new to me! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to get a few good ones in amongst the pile!

      Delete
  9. I like the sound of bug out, I am enjoying Day by Day Armageddon but I am worried for reading on as I remember you mentioning the next two books weren't as good.

    Have a good week and when you are finished cleaning feel free to come and do mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next two were decent but not the same level as the first one. However I'm a picky reader and you might like it better than me!

      More cleaning? Arrgghh!

      Delete
  10. You got me curious about the Bug Out series. Interesting premise with the RV world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can ignore editing issues in ebooks, it has certainly been an exciting, action packed read!

      Delete