Saturday, 9 April 2016

Stacking the Shelves #129


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                          
This has not been a great week for being productive, more a case of catching up on household chores! I had to get the shopping, three loads of washing, changing the bes, first lot of ironing, cleaning the kitchen...and that was just Monday and Tuesday. Gah! Then it was making the soup and preparing a few meals to save time for later this week and cleaning the bathroom, and getting the hoover out. Plus I spent most of yesterday hunting online for car insurance for my uncle which was a laugh a minute. I am having a total rest today. My dad is parked in front of the TV watching the horse racing so he has been little help!

I didn't feel up to reading at the start of the week because I was knackered and feeling a bit down but that improved by Wednesday and I've read a couple of books-none were great though which was a pity! I picked up the first three books in a War of the Roses trilogy which was exciting and they have gorgeous covers! I also got a pre-ordered book from Amazon (Benedict Jacka's newest!) and paperback versions of a zombie series that I've been reading on ebook. A good booky week! The downloads are mostly ones I got a few weeks back except the dinosaur ones which I grabbed this week. Yea! I've decided not to stress about my tbr-it'll reduce in my own time so I refuse to care right now!

DOWNLOADS:











PAPERBACKS:





26 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at the sheer volume of books you add every week - I know you're a fast reader, but still :)
    I hope you'll enjoy all of these, and that the books you decide to pick up next week will woo you :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get scared by all the books I get! My tbr is up over 600 again but at the moment I don't care! I do intend to read as much as I can this year and see if I can get another 200 read before the end of the year! Not that it will help if I keep grabbing more...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy week with a lot of chores to do. You sure did get a lot done this week! I hope you love all of your new books. Enjoy!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah not a very exciting week! The weather stopped me getting anything in the garden done so at least some chores were tackled!

      Delete
  3. Extinction Island and Spinosaurus both look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they might appeal to you! Who doesn't love a big Spinosaurus killing people!

      Delete
  4. You did seem to have a productive week (just not with reading). Sometimes life intrudes on our hobbies. I go back to "real" life on Monday as we return to school (I am a Special Education Aide). I am reading a book called The Last Thing I Remember, by Deborah Bee. It is a mystery set in England and has me totally hooked! i hope to finish it today and review it by the end of the week. have fun reading what YOU want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life certainly does get in the way! I'm hoping this week gives me a bit more time to get things done. I'd really like to get my rain collection bin set up outside and trim a few out of control bushes and clear the weeds out of my rockery. It'd be nice if we get a few dry days!

      Delete
  5. Interesting to see the dinosaurs in the mix. I haven't read one before. I've got to get a move on in spring cleaning. Want to do some book purging too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Jurassic Park book by Michael Crichton and The Valley by Rick Jones. I haven't been able to find too many that sound like fast action high death ones but I'm hopeful about these!

      Delete
  6. Sometimes real life just plain sucks. I love the looks of White Out and Extinction Island. I will have to look into them some more. Hope you have a better reading read. And check, you deserve to buy some books after dealing with the kid down the street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week was an utter washout for being productive! This week, must do better! I am SO enjoying the Prepper series I'm reading right now...I'm flying through the series!

      Delete
  7. *immediately distracted by dinosaurs* Ooh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the next Jurassic World film...too long away!!! Must have more dinosaurs!

      Delete
  8. Great selection. I hope you enjoy your books.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm going to enjoy the rest of the Bug Out series...I'm loving it! Hope some of the others are as good...

      Delete
  9. They're all new to me there! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope at least some turn out to be really good!

      Delete
  10. Holy moly, that's a lot of books! One can never have too many books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Sarah...restraint be damned! Thanks very much for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Ah, catching up counts as being productive! And once again you temp me with books. Alas, I must behave right now. But I will have to keep a close eye to learn which of these you liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Behaving is overrated! I am here to share books and encourage bad behaviour...*grins*

      Delete
  12. It was a busy week for me too! Must be an April thing hehe. Great book haul - I like the look of White Out in particular.

    http://natalieslife.com/2016/04/the-library-project-favourite-childhood-book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, I hate spring! I feel like I have less chores in the winter somehow and I don't have to venture out for gardening!

      Delete
  13. Oh my. Hope you are feeling rested by now. And look at all those books! Hope you enjoy a few of them. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already read the Bug Out books which I'm loving and I'm on to book 8 in the series! Hope some of the others are as good!

      Delete