Saturday, 2 April 2016

Stacking the Shelves #128


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                         
It has been a bit of a busy week offline for me, trying to tidy up around the house, sort out my bookcases and do a few bits and pieces in the garden. As my gardening post this week mentioned, I was pretty sore afterwards due to using muscles I don't normally use! That has worn off now so hopefully I can get a bit more done this week. Maybe tackle setting up my water collection and compost bins if the weather is ok. A little bit done each week through the summer and things will look much better come the autumn! So blogging had to take a bit of a back seat this week with everything else going on! 

On the book side of things, it doesn't appear that I got a lot done but really, it was pretty successful. Four books read so far and hope to finish another this afternoon if I get time. I still have a pile of books on my computer to upload to Goodreads-mostly zombies and preppers again which I am enjoying so much! I think I have enough for my STS posts through the summer! Oh what a shame! *giggles* You can never really have too many books...The books on my list today are the next parts of series I have started and enjoyed and some new to me authors which is pretty exciting! Can't wait to read them all!

DOWNLOADS: 

















PAPERBACKS:



22 comments:

  1. Wow, great choices this week. What are all the cute animals on your sidebar for? They are adorable! I really like Hoagie. It looks like the fox stuffed animal that my daughter got in Japan a few years ago. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those are my virtual pets! Hit the more bit at the bottom right and you can drag the food and presents over to feed or play with them! Hoagie is so cute when you take him the flowers!

      Delete
  2. All unknown books to me but I hope you'll enjoy them! :)

    Happy Reading!

    My STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope they turn out good especially the dinosaurs...

      Delete
  3. You got some great-looking books this week, Chuckles! I hope you'll enjoy them all.
    Way to go on the gardening, even if it made your muscles sore. It's always nice to know you got some good work done :)
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gradually, I'll get the work done. It will be worth it in the end! Have a good reading week!

      Delete
  4. Okay, I see at least 4 dinosaur covers - I am all over that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously could not resist grabbing a few dinosaur books! *hums Jurassic Park theme*

      Delete
  5. Ugh, gotta tackle the weeds in the garden this weekend. I will activating those unused muscles too. The OJ books are interesting to see in our pile. Are you watching that tv series that is on now? Glad to see the zombies continue to shuffle onto your shelves. Who knew there were so many zombie books out there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weeds are my nemesis! I'm sure they yell and swear at me as i pass and make rude leaf gestutes! I haven't had the chance to watch the tv show yet but I'm recording each episode. I watched the entire trial at the time so I decided to read a few different books on the subject.

      Yeah I didn't know there were so many zombie books available! I'm loving finding all these new authors!

      Delete
  6. Dinosaurs and OJ Simpson...quite a mix this week! I love all of the interesting books you are always finding, Chuckles. I hope you enjoy all of them!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been watching my Jurassic Park films this weekend so I just had to grab a few dinosaur books! There aren't enough of them!

      Delete
  7. So many books. Where do you find these books? They all look amazing. I hope you love them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally get books from Amazon UK and Smashwords though friends direct me to different places where offers are on. Sometimes I borrow a friend's ereader to look at books they bought so I can view them free!

      Delete
  8. I love that red cover on Static. Looks like you have another interesting haul. Have you read " If I Did It" by O.J.? It was an interesting read to say the least. Good luck getting your water bins started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prequel to Static is free on Amazon and I liked it so I bought the omnibus of the next two books for 99p! I haven't read OJ's book but hope to borrow it. It was a strange book to write!

      Delete
  9. Oooh, dinosaurs! The only book I read with dinosaurs lately was kind of disappointing... I'll have to keep an eye out for your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keen to start looking at them this week if I can. They got mixed rteviews but I'll judge them for myself. Try The Valley by Rick Jones...Jurassic Park meets the Running Man!

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you had a busy week offline with all that tidying and gardening. And four books in a week sounds like a lot to me! I usually only manage to read 2 or 3 if I am lucky or if the stories are really short. I haven't heard fo any of your books before, but they look good! I hope you'll enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The work continues! I knew the forecast was heavy rain so last night I got the beds changed and I'll spend today getting a few loads through the washing machine. Plus we just did the shopping at Aldi and Sainsbury's so I'm tired and it's only 1030! Gah!

      Delete
  11. So many books about dinosaurs! Those sound really great :)
    Thank you for sharing, I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there were more books and films like Jurassic World! Best dino books so far were Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park and Rick Jones The Valley. Hope a few of these are as good!

      Delete