Wednesday, 25 May 2016

What's On Chuckle TV

I spent the week having a Masterchef Australia season 7 binge each morning and a few extras in the evening which was GREAT! Getting through the series so quickly was nice but now I need to wait until season 8 finishes before I get the chance to binge on it again! This is my favourite of all the different series of Masterchef from around the world. I love the judges, the intensity of the challenges, the drama of the eliminations and team challenges. 

I was even happier as we went into the series because firstly, the gorgeous Shannon Bennett (left) was mentoring the immunity challenges and a few of the other challenges so we got to see lots of him which was a bonus! Yea! LOVED watching him run the pass in the semi final-made it even more fun to watch! Seeing him dressed in black with that intense look on his face is very appealing! *grins* The good news is that he is going to be back again for season 8 so I can get to see more of him...

 
AND we had the excitement of TWO full weeks of Marco Pierre White! *screams* I LOVE Marco weeks especially when he does a service challenge. He is so intimidating. I swear if I bumped into him, I would have no clue what to say to him...

But enough about the male distractions on the show. One of my favourite challenges is always the team relay challenge and this one was the most exciting one ever, with things going downhill rapidly for a couple of teams. I also love those three round team eliminations and the pressure tests. In fact, the only thing I don't like is this determination to bring back an eliminated contestant. I preferred the way it happened this time but I still hate the concept. As for the pressure test in the final, oh wow, it was the toughest thing I've ever seen but I so wanted to eat it! 

Best season ever I think, and I hope there are many more to come!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying some of your TV viewing. We watched "Witch" last week (totally disappointing) and then "Pride, Prejudice and Zombie" Saturday (not enough zombies). Currently hockey playoffs are taking up a lot of TV time. We only really watch once playoffs start and if the Penguins are in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate zombie things with not enough zombies! I'm enjoying my Masterchef in the mornings while I get my blogging done!

      Delete
  2. I used to love Masterchef but the UK one just got a bit meh for me and I moved to Bake Off instead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the odd episode of Bake Off and I liked it well enough but that smarmy guy presenting bugs me a bit! I watch most of those shows when I get the chance and I've got a pile sent to me from friends overseas which is exciting! Masterchef Australia is certainly the most exciting of the Masterchef formats. I love it!

      Delete