Saturday, 28 May 2016

Stacking the Shelves #135


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                                
It's been a reasonably productive week. Those following my Gardening With Chuckles posts will see the latest work on the garden. We need to sit down and plan the next stage before we get stuck in, and order some bark, weed prevention fabric and coloured gravel for upcoming tasks. But I feel as if we're getting somewhere now which is good. We hope to be finished totally by the autumn to leave the new planting for next spring which should be good. Things are certainly on track. I'm trying not to think about what needs done inside the house as well...
On the book side of things, I've found it hard to concentrate on reading again so I'm finding it a bit of a struggle. I'm just tired all the time and don't feel like doing anything much. It's annoying as the tbr is on the upward move again. I hope I do better in the coming weeks. I did grab a few books of course so hopefully there will be something great there to get me motivated again!

DOWNLOADS:









PAPERBACKS:





20 comments:

  1. Doing all of the landscaping work is hard! It sounds like you are making some wonderful progress though. I hate it when I don't seem to be making any progress with my reading. You did add some interesting books this week. Enjoy!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should've got started on some of this years back but other things always seemed to get in the way. We're paying for it now! Still, at least it's getting done now.

      Delete
  2. It must be nice to be on track with all the gardening chores, Chuckles! And I'm sure you'll be very happy to be able to plant your spring plants before winter :)
    You have some great-looking books once more this week. I hope you'll feel like reading some of them next week!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a relief to finally get it done this year! We pretty much know what we need to do so we'll gradually get it done. I really hope my reading improves this week. I haven't got into anything I read last week!

      Delete
  3. You always find books that intrigue me or books that I have never heard of. I'm sure you will find something great.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few I'm a bit uncertain of but a few that are really exciting me!

      Delete
  4. Nice week! I have Cure myself but have yet to read it. A few of these other zombie books sound interesting. And so does Flood Plains. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the sound of Flood Plains-actually I like the sound of quite a few of the author's books. I hope they live up to expectations! Hopefully, we'll both like Cure!

      Delete
  5. I'm going to have to look for Cure and Run. I'm really drawn to the covers. Can't wait to see more of your garden progress. I am working on our flower garden and my husband is trimming some trees today. I should have pictures by Friday. I'm finding it hard to read as well lately. Hopefully it will pick up for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week in the garden, my dad plans to grout cement between the gaps in the stone. He did it when he finished but wants a second sealing layer. We might also get the soil levelled around the patio if the weather is kind. I look forward to seeing your gardening pictures!

      I hate these mini reading slumps! The books I've looked at this week haven't been inspiring but last night one showed promise so maybe the slump is over! I hope you get some reading done this week too!

      Delete
  6. Now I have read Run which I remember as being ok. I shall check out the one with the mushroom cloud on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of Run so I hope it delivers! Through many fires has such a great cover hasn't it? I love a nice mushroom cloud so I hope the book is decent!

      Delete
  7. I don't know these books but I hope you enjoy all of them :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited by a few of these, I must admit!

      Delete
  8. I took a leaf out of your book this week and went through culling my TBR a bit based on just glancing through to see if I was still interested. I cleared about 70 books from the list that way! Woo. It's amazing how clogged up a TBR can get with books you don't even remember why you got them, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing how much clutter is on the tbr when you're grabbing freebies! The number of times I look at books and think 'why did I get that, it has a love triangle!' or something similar! Thank you Goodreads reviews for assisting my book culls!

      Delete
  9. Yes, I would say 17 books is a few... Gardening is quite rewarding, but also exhausting. We are in a drought in our area, so I have been reluctant to do any gardening in the past few years. I'm happy for you that you can do it. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A drought would be a nightmare for a gardener! We're trying to get our garden low maintenance by using paving, gravel and planting in pots to reduce weeds. That way I can maintain things with minimum effort!

      Delete
  10. Glad to hear your gardening plans are progressing. I am pretty sure I own Cure so I will have to double check the kindle. I think I may have to get a new one soon. I think it's slowing down too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't done anything to the garden since I posted this message at the end of May. Haven't really had any time with the holidays and stuff.

      Delete