Sunday, 2 November 2014

What's on Chuckle TV #9 Halloween Special


Welcome to Chuckle TV! 
Every week I will be talking about what I have been watching in the world of TV, be it sport, documentaries, TV series, films, soaps or interesting news items. I'll be talking about favourites from the past and all the great sounding stuff that I haven't watched yet. Believe me, there are a lot of popular series that I haven't had the chance to see! Let the Count and I be your guide in the world of entertainment! Comments are welcome on what I'm currently watching but no spoilers please or your comments will not be published!

This week I was concentrating on reading as much as I could that I didn't really get anything watched from Sunday-Thursday. However on Friday I had my Halloween filmfest day and got a pile of scary favourites watched, just for fun!

First up was the original version of The Fog. I loved the creepy soundtrack, the cheap but effective glowing fog slithering along the streets to kill anyone it finds and the people you care about are running for their lives as it chases them. This is a classic horror film, designed to make you jump. I love the tension and atmosphere of this film and I watch it every Halloween.  


Return of the Living Dead Part 2 is not a film to be taken seriously. It is a slapstick zombie horror comedy with cheesy one liners, stupid humour, and dumb ass characters but it is also fun to watch from time to time. The scenes where the zombies are climbing from their graves is funny, and the Michael Jackson scene is also very good. If you want a bit of a laugh with your zombies, check this out.


I still regard Resident Evil as one of the best zombie films out there. This has the tension-the computer defences that kill all the people trying to leave or enter The Hive, the intriguing mix of characters, a strong plot, excellent special effects and lots of hungry zombies and strange creatures! Add in the pulsing soundtrack and you can't ask for much more. The added bonus is that the people in it can also act, which you find lacking in a lot of zombie films these days. Sadly I was not a fan of any of the sequels that I have seen which is a bummer. Still, this one was good and I watch it pretty often.

This is widely regarded as one of the best zombie films out there and I bet it scared the crap out of plenty people when it first came out. The shambling zombies may not look that threatening but they do creep up on you to take a chunk out of a careless arm or leg if you aren't paying attention. I like the zombie action and the thought of living in a shopping mall during a zombie apocalypse is very appealing from a survival point of view. The film does get a bit slow in the middle but the end sequence more than makes up for it with blood and gore and the bad guys getting eaten for their troubles.

I have loved shark films since I first saw Jaws as a kid. That shark theme still scares me when I'm in a swimming pool...Deep Blue Sea got mixed reviews from the critics at the time but I love it! The acting was excellent, the special effects were good especially the very scary ass sharks, strong and exciting plot and plenty of action to enjoy. 

2 comments: